Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
F104 wide track conversion kit set new record at UF1Series on Feb 4 at TQrcracing >

F104 wide track conversion kit set new record at UF1Series on Feb 4 at TQrcracing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F104 wide track conversion kit set new record at UF1Series on Feb 4 at TQrcracing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

while I must say it was dissappointing when I fitted this item and had so much play, I have found a solution that has worked so far.

Like others, I didn't have a shim to do the trick, but I have backed the grub screw all the way out, and that has stopped any movement. I for the life of me can't remove the pin one bit. I've taken it for a run and all seems well, only racing will tell I suppose.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are sorry to hear that but if you are really not happy with that particular part of the kit we will exchange it for you. We've done random fitting on them they all fitted well. But maybe after you race it you will change your mind. Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Could somebody please post how they shimmed it?

I noticed the wheel can wiggle a tiny bit on the diff side (not the wheel moving in an out) though where to me it looks like the shim is needed would require a 12mm x 0.08mm shim. Saw someone mentioned a 5.5mm x 0.08mm fixed this but can't see where that would go to fix the issue?

To r-sectors credit the product is absolutely brilliant and the play is acceptable. I've got a number of tobee hopups I had purchsed for my f201 years ago and they in the end have never gone in the car due to the hopeless tolerences. On top of that I've had worse tolerance issues with tamiya products.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Ref the diff side piece moving, mine does the same. Where do you get the shim from, does someone have a brand/part number please?

I tried letting the grub screw out and it did secure the piece in place but the pin fell out Also tried putting a longer grub scew in but the hole in the outer diff is smaller than the grub screw. Also agree that the parts are nicely made

Last edited by Taman; 03-12-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

CRC part number 4742 shows an ID of 12mm. The info does not say how thick it is.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-Sector
We are sorry to hear that but if you are really not happy with that particular part of the kit we will exchange it for you. We've done random fitting on them they all fitted well. But maybe after you race it you will change your mind. Thanks
Seems like supplying your customers with the somewhat non-standard shims to correct the manufacturing tolerance issue, would be the right thing to do.
Less cost, and time than shipping/returning parts ?

A little customer good will goes a long way in the current market.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Seems like supplying your customers with the somewhat non-standard shims to correct the manufacturing tolerance issue, would be the right thing to do.
Less cost, and time than shipping/returning parts ?

A little customer good will goes a long way in the current market.
I second that.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hallgm
I second that.
It sounds like everyone who has this piece has this slop problem is there anybody who doesn't? I agree should be corrected by manufacturer ....how could every piece that is sold have this slop problem? especially if it was test fitted prior to shipping? hmmmmm..........
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like most had play in the diff side? I didn't have any slop on diff at all. had a bit on the left side hub.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Please send us an email at [email protected] with your rctech ID and your info and where it was purchased if there's a tolerance issue(please identify the issue). We just randomly select the stock we have and test fitted them again there weren't any slop on the diff hubs. Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, I installed mine and no slop at all. Now with 190mm I can use my
Toyota TS020 body and can run in Gt LM. Very clever gadget,
Norman2

Ps. Cannot use the TS020 Toyota as the wheelbase on the F104 is too long so I will
use it on my CRC Genx-LE and run in a class we have GT1 for Le Mans and GT
cars. It is similar to World GT but we run any body that races GT or Le Mans.

Last edited by Norman2; 03-13-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Shim kits will be ready next week, please get them from where they bought their kit. They will be included in the kit from now on. Use them if necessary. Thank You for your support
Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Shim kits will be ready next week, please get them from where they bought their kit. They will be included in the kit from now on. Use them if necessary. Thank You for your support
Nice move
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Could somebody please post how they shimmed it?

I noticed the wheel can wiggle a tiny bit on the diff side (not the wheel moving in an out) though where to me it looks like the shim is needed would require a 12mm x 0.08mm shim. Saw someone mentioned a 5.5mm x 0.08mm fixed this but can't see where that would go to fix the issue?

To r-sectors credit the product is absolutely brilliant and the play is acceptable. I've got a number of tobee hopups I had purchsed for my f201 years ago and they in the end have never gone in the car due to the hopeless tolerences. On top of that I've had worse tolerance issues with tamiya products.
I broke down and made a shim last night. I started with a plastic shock part from the Tamiya touring car shock plastic parts tree. It has an ID of a little more than 12mm. I put it on sand paper and went to work. It wound up being paper thin. I measured it and it came out to be a little less than .01mm thick (.01mm was the limit of my digital caliper).
No play at all now!!!

Last edited by qwkpony; 03-13-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.