Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
F104 wide track conversion kit set new record at UF1Series on Feb 4 at TQrcracing >

F104 wide track conversion kit set new record at UF1Series on Feb 4 at TQrcracing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F104 wide track conversion kit set new record at UF1Series on Feb 4 at TQrcracing

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durtbag
You are absolutely correct, the play is between the hubs. I made a shim .008mm thick to place between the hubs..... no more rocking.
Terry
Excellent idea.

I don't know if I can make a shim like you did, but I'll see if there's anything I can find that might fit.

RSector....If you machine the pin hole in about .008mm would that fix the issue?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finally got my conversion on track today and can say that I like it. Noticable difference. You could drive it harder and it responded well. I will be keeping it on the F1R.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

i ran with my friends conversion kit today. the rear had this slop that these people talk of.i found the car would corner very good but in some corner the car would snap oversteer. i think it was from the axle slop sliding from side to side,when it moves super quick acros it makes pressure on outside wheel like a brake to spin out. fill the slop with spacer and the car was very good over all track. consistant turn everywhere. my friend want his kit back return straight away so i now must buy one myself
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I bought the kit too and its great but got the same slop problem......i wish manufacturers would test there products first and fix these issues before releasing the item , instead of leaving it to the end user to fix
Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theatriks
I bought the kit too and its great but got the same slop problem......i wish manufacturers would test there products first and fix these issues before releasing the item , instead of leaving it to the end user to fix
Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
i ran with my friends conversion kit today. the rear had this slop that these people talk of.i found the car would corner very good but in some corner the car would snap oversteer. i think it was from the axle slop sliding from side to side,when it moves super quick acros it makes pressure on outside wheel like a brake to spin out. fill the slop with spacer and the car was very good over all track. consistant turn everywhere. my friend want his kit back return straight away so i now must buy one myself
Originally Posted by qwkpony
Excellent idea.

I don't know if I can make a shim like you did, but I'll see if there's anything I can find that might fit.

RSector....If you machine the pin hole in about .008mm would that fix the issue?
Well that sucks to hear that a product might be poorly machined. I was looking forward to installing mine.

RSector, you going to fix the issues and send out replacements?

Anyone have a link to the washer that's needed to make the thing work?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Well that sucks to hear that a product might be poorly machined. I was looking forward to installing mine.

RSector, you going to fix the issues and send out replacements?

Anyone have a link to the washer that's needed to make the thing work?
Ya for what you pay for it ,it should have been tested first..... 50 bucks and its got slop......not a good move ....i would definately think twice now before i buy somethimg else from rsector
Old 03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

you get slop in the stock Tamiya stuff. Its not excessive slop, and its easily remedied.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texastc
you get slop in the stock Tamiya stuff. Its not excessive slop, and its easily remedied.
I think if you are gonna make a product and charge people 50 bucks for it that this company should have a tamiya f104 in there factory and keep test fitting until its perfect then release the product since these measure arent taken why should the end user spend his dollars on a product that wasnt even test fitted before its put on the market .....and if it was test fitted and the company noticed the slop but decided to ship it out anyways will result in bad publicitiy which in turn will result in lower sales hence whats being talked about here ......if the company made sure the product fit perfectly in the first place all that would be said here is praises for such a good product but since a short cut was taken = bad press....come on its simply!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
I think if you are gonna make a product and charge people 50 bucks for it that this company should have a tamiya f104 in there factory and keep test fitting until its perfect then release the product since these measure arent taken why should the end user spend his dollars on a product that wasnt even test fitted before its put on the market .....and if it was test fitted and the company noticed the slop but decided to ship it out anyways will result in bad publicitiy which in turn will result in lower sales hence whats being talked about here ......if the company made sure the product fit perfectly in the first place all that would be said here is praises for such a good product but since a short cut was taken = bad press....come on its simply!
like you stated, "its simple"... what is the tolerance difference of the rsector part and the stock piece? is your rear hub the same sizing as everyone else? lets be honest, all the parts are mass produced and are supposed to be within a couple thousanths, it just doesnt work all the time. shim it and race!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mkennedy
like you stated, "its simple"... what is the tolerance difference of the rsector part and the stock piece? is your rear hub the same sizing as everyone else? lets be honest, all the parts are mass produced and are supposed to be within a couple thousanths, it just doesnt work all the time. shim it and race!
I hear ya and thats what we do but i dont accept manufacturers adopting the same attitude!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We do testing on all our products before we sell them and we have nothing but positive feed back from this particular product except minor slop which did not come from our hex but from the tolerance of the wheels. Please don't be so harsh on us. Thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

I notice that the car is much better with the kit than without, thats whats most important. I will be proudly using it this weekend in Texas.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KHoff7
I notice that the car is much better with the kit than without, thats whats most important. I will be proudly using it this weekend in Texas.
Noticed the same thing. And I will see you next weekend, hoping all the F1 guys pit close together. Like the cool table
Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mkennedy
I don't mind the tolerance issue. It's pretty normal for our hobby. I just can't find a shim big enough (and I have a bunch). Can someone please tell us where to source the shim from?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R-Sector
We do testing on all our products before we sell them and we have nothing but positive feed back from this particular product except minor slop which did not come from our hex but from the tolerance of the wheels. Please don't be so harsh on us. Thanks

i used two different rear wheel stop before finding a shim to make up the gap. i had the kit stop with the sleeve. then i have a lend of the tamiya clamp stop,still slop.find small 5.5mm .08 shim to use with the tamiya clap,problem fix. the conversion is a very good for the 104 i do not doubt. but it could have been made slightly better with out this slop. it does not sound like it has happened to only one or two but more than that. its a simple fix so hey,no problem really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.