R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Old 1/10 stock car bodies? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/59626-old-1-10-stock-car-bodies.html)

RaceFan3 01-09-2005 12:46 PM

Old 1/10 stock car bodies?

Hey fellas~

Im looking for some older 1/10 stock car bodies. So far I have a '93 Short Track Lumina, and a '94 Camaro. Ive scoured the web, but the only ones that Ive come across were at happyhobby.com and about 99% of whats on their website they no longer have in stock.

So my question is, do any of you know any hobbyshops/websites that carry old stock car bodies? Or do any of you have some and are looking to sell?

Im interested in tracking down any of these:

'90-'94 Lumina
'72-'95 Monte Carlo
'92-'94 Camaro
'90-'99 Grand Prix
'90-'96 Thunderbird

I know these bodies are getting harder to find, but if any of you can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

RaceFan3 01-10-2005 11:55 AM

BUMP

SteveB 01-10-2005 10:59 PM

If you get really desperate there is a guy on e-bay that is selling Bolink bodies and I think he has several of the old Nascar styles. HOWEVER, I would not advise you buying from him. I did a buy it now the first week of December and on the auction he said if you buy more than one item he would combine shipping. I did that and requested a corrected invoice to show the reduced shipping. I waited two weeks for the invoice. I paid the day it came. I waited two more weeks before I got any further info from the guy. My bodies finally came a the end of last week, a full 5 weeks after I agreed to buy then. To top it off I didn't get all of the bodies I ordered. I got the right number but not the right bodies. I sent him an email to tell him about the error and haven't heard back yet. Also, I don't know if it normal with Bolink bodies but no decals, masks or rear spoiler. try at your own risk.

RaceFan3 01-11-2005 09:19 AM

Bolink

Yea, I think I saw that guy on Ebay before. Im always wary of ordering ANYTHING off that site...

Most of the Bolink stock car bodies from the 90s were the Street Spec bodies, so the Lumina, Grand Prix and Thunderbird all had those "built in" short spoilers. They also had short decklids which made the bodies really heavy in the rear.

I didnt much care for the Thunderbirds (the speedway t-bird was cool though) but I love the Luminas. The 90-94 Grand Prix's were OK, but I really liked the '97-2001 versions.

I would be quite happy to get my hands on another couple Short Track Lumina's ('92-'94) and another couple '94 Short Track Camaros.

out_to_lunch 01-25-2005 04:49 PM

Hello-

I sent you an email. I have a few of these for sale. They are being sold for my friends widow. He died right before Thanksgiving of a massive heart attack and I am trying to help his fiance with the selling-off of his R/C stuff.

Thanks,
Joe

BillyCaldwell 01-25-2005 07:42 PM

Action Hobbies
9th & Van Buren
Wichita Falls, TX 76310
Phone: (817)766-2667
MGR: Eddie Taylor - Proprietor.

I was down in North Texas this weekend and stopped by there. They had some older bolink bodies. Not sure on makes, I know they were probably late 80s early 90s models.