R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Ofna Z10 Pro and Team Associated RC10 Dual Sport (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/593509-ofna-z10-pro-team-associated-rc10-dual-sport.html)

Theas1an 01-30-2012 05:25 PM

Ofna Z10 Pro and Team Associated RC10 Dual Sport

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys! , I'm fairly new to the RC game , I've been into this since probably about November. I started out with a Tamiya TL-01 Chassis by neighbor let me build.. fell in love with this hobby and now I have a couple of more chassis.

BACK STORY:
For Christmas my wife bought me a Sprint 2 Sport and a Tamiya TT-01, I sold the TT-01 to my other neighbor and got him and his son into the hobby (His son is using a TA-05 Chassis) I originally wanted to do drifting but after a couple of visits to the track and carpet racing I want to just focus on that and no longer really want to Drift.

CURRENT SITUATION
I got a couple of Chassis from an Older Gentleman in my area by trading for computer hardware. The Two I got were an OFNA Z10 Pro Electric and an RC10 Dual Sport , Both have been upgraded with Full aluminum parts , the Z10 has every single Carbon Fiber Upgrade Possible.

As for my Setup I currently have my Sprint to as a Shelf Queen Because every time I race it at the track something pops off or breaks, I've raced the Z10 and I'm in love with it on the track.

my question is .. is there any value to the Two Cars I have obtained? are they too ancient to make into worthy Race Cars? ( They have have 15T turn motors , 2.4 Receivers from Spectrum and Run off of my Spectrum Multi-Model Controller and my HPI 2.4 Controller) Should I not use them and just build up my Sprint 2 with more Aluminum and a Carbon Fiber Chassis?

QUESTION
Or should I just sell them and Buy a TC3 or 4 ? I really want to get serious into onroad racing and am already looking at Lipos and Brushless Setups , i just need some veteran advice so that I don't throw money away into something that's not worth it.

CONCLUSION

I'm sorry for the long post , I just have so many questions and this seems to be the only forum where I see intelligent people post helpful advice instead of arguing over ridiculous stuff.

SIDENOTE

P.S. I have already tried searching the internet and these forums , not much information on these three Models

EDIT: I also have a 1988 Tamiya Grasshopper II I found at a garage sale for 20 dollars, fully working , modded , Light Buckets and all.

If this stuff is worth anything I may want to get a racing Truck that can handle a little grass and Dirt.

Thanks in advance!

Update 1:
I have put all the electronics back into the Sprint 2 and now running a 5.0 Turnigy Lipo on it, I can honestly say what a night and day difference in battery life, car feels peppier too!

The Z10 Pro is going to go up for sale soon, I wish I knew the price of it so I can list it properly.

The RC10 DS will also go up for sale as soon as my buddy gets his own car ( he's currently using whatever I setup for him to practice with me at the track. )

Update 2:
I will try and get pictures up tonight or tomorrow, so that you guys may see the cars and see if they are worth anything.

Update 3:
Attached are pics of the Associated RC10 DS!

Theas1an 01-30-2012 05:28 PM

Also, Sorry if this is the wrong forum section for this.

Theas1an 02-01-2012 04:20 PM

No One knows anything about these two?

Theas1an 02-05-2012 01:38 AM

Attached the Pictures of the Associated RC10DS!

bias 04-16-2012 03:31 PM

dual sport

Associated dual sport is the best parking lot pounder ever made! I'm trying to rebuild a nds "Dead Pool" style corvette body and all. The Ds's handled like 4wd cars even though they are only 2wd. And they could take the power...Let the ofna go. Spend some time with the ds!

alcyon 04-17-2012 07:09 AM

1997 tim bump won big with the Ofna Z-10 pro. However its not easy to work on and the suspension wont handle very high speeds well because the arms are rather short, and upper camber links too. not to mention the drive train isnt the most efficient especially with stick packs. You must use a belt tensioner for the front belt to clear the battery pack off the front belt. and the Z-10 doesnt have any collectors value. but that said, if you feel the car works great, then just use it personally i prefer the Kawada SV10 Alcyon from that era. my advice if you wanna buy a new car with local parts support go for AE TC6.