Wiki Posts
Search

SV10 Valkyrie by Team Osion

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SV10 Valkyrie by Team Osion

OK, who is this company Team Osion and what is up with that SV10 Valkyrie car?
It looks wicked. Take a look at that motor vent on the chassis! Is this thing old or new?
I never even heard of Team Osion.
Any info? How do you get your hands on one?
http://team-osion.com/rc/valkyrie/index.html
Old 01-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=kawada
Might be able to find out more here.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

this is HOT!

the date on top of the site is 2005 Jan 4th.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

It looks nothing like the Sigma or Sigma 2 or Alcyon. This thing is called the "Valkyrie" but may be put out by Kawada. Could it be a prototype? I looked at the date of the pics and it says 2005.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by 429racer
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=kawada
Might be able to find out more here.
Or Here

Team Highside
Old 01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Ok, Japanese characters asid!lol
how do you get one of these? Is it just some project car or is Team Osion an actual company?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by scoobydo
Ok, Japanese characters asid!lol
how do you get one of these? Is it just some project car or is Team Osion an actual company?
It`s pretty much a one make car
Old 01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Valkrie

It is obviously a prototype, pics shown with custom fitting other manufacture's parts, and tapping holes.?? Look cool though. I saw alot of corally parts, main belt, Assassin rear diff, rear arms, Trf arma mounts, hpi arms in frt, and ball cups. But looks cool none the less....
Old 01-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

interesting design tho. the diff is attached directly to the pinion/motor and it has one belt. i like the option of moving the batts forward/back. nice idea.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

yeah, I agree. Thats what caught my eye in the first place.
The bulkheads are a great design.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default direct drive

Originally posted by Hebiki
interesting design tho. the diff is attached directly to the pinion/motor and it has one belt. i like the option of moving the batts forward/back. nice idea.
That is a corally design for the assassin, this is not new....
Old 01-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Maybe not, but this thing is a lot cleaner than the Assassin. It may not be a shape shifter like the Corrally but for a single belt design this wins out.
Besides, nothing is new nowadays. Everything is an idea taken further from something you already saw.
Take the JRXS for instance. Its basically an HPI Pro 3, but taken further and better.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Why should every car be a new design? There are only so many effective ways to make a car. The question should be, is this an effective implementation of a concept? I'm sick of people complaining that "this idea is not new." Why bother reinventing the wheel just for the sake of being unique? I'd rather see cars that work well rather than cars that are just trying to be different. Eventually designs will converge. Why do Formula 1 cars look so similar? Because within the limitations of the rules, that's what works. It's also a crude generalization to go "Oh it's just a copy of the shaft drive car," or "it's just another belt car." There's a lot more to a car than the obvious drivetrain arrangement. A drivetrain is merely an element of the car as a whole, it's not the only thing that determines if a cars is fast or not.

It's a shame people can be so superficial when designers have spent so much time and effort creating the car, only to have the car dismissed as "a copy."

I'm not merely referring to this car, but to what I've seen regarding r/c touring cars in general.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Potato
Why should every car be a new design? There are only so many effective ways to make a car. The question should be, is this an effective implementation of a concept? I'm sick of people complaining that "this idea is not new." Why bother reinventing the wheel just for the sake of being unique? I'd rather see cars that work well rather than cars that are just trying to be different. Eventually designs will converge. Why do Formula 1 cars look so similar? Because within the limitations of the rules, that's what works. It's also a crude generalization to go "Oh it's just a copy of the shaft drive car," or "it's just another belt car." There's a lot more to a car than the obvious drivetrain arrangement. A drivetrain is merely an element of the car as a whole, it's not the only thing that determines if a cars is fast or not.

It's a shame people can be so superficial when designers have spent so much time and effort creating the car, only to have the car dismissed as "a copy."

I'm not merely referring to this car, but to what I've seen regarding r/c touring cars in general.
Ditto.
Thats what I was trying to say. Just because you copy a car doesn't mean its bad. You basically take the idea and run with it. Make adavancements to an existing design to make it BETTER.
I for one was what I loved about this project Valkyrie. Hes just trying something new to see if it works.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Looks nice!

Might be way to much wheight in the rear though....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.