Originally Posted by sosidge
You'll hear it!
Yea i hear them squeak
Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
Happened to me from the body tucking and cutting the tyre
It's commonly called the "death groove". It can be attributed to a number of suspension settings. Try 0 toe and camber after you change to a fresh set of tires. Might also want to reduce ackerman and check end point. Basically the tire is seeing increased wear on the inside. Usually it means the tire is "scrubbing" due to a handling issue whether it's full time ( as in toe out or in which will produce wear even when going straight) OR during turns where the ackerman,end point or caster could produce camber changes. This could also be the result of to much roll when turning (The chassis rolls, the inside tire lifts and the reduced grip creates scrubbing on the inside edge) Anti roll bar might help.
Try setting the car very neutral and make small adjustments, run car for a couple of minutes and check for wear often after setting changes.
Hope that helps.