Originally posted by Jon Kerr
Rob- We will convert you!
"Move to the dark side of the force, you knob."

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #872
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Pictures have been sorted and I will begin posting them tomorrow.

I'm also in the process of entering the full sponsor sheets for the A mains.

Spent most of the early day on a plane and right now I've been preoccupied with fixing the net service at our office. Giving myself a crash course in Cisco routers.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 AM   #873
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Dennis - Ralph was indeed running prototype parts. Here's a pic (although, technically, this is Mike Dumas' car.) You'll notice the diffs that can adjust their height within the bulkheads, longer bulkheads, and a shorter top deck.

Rob
rob- is he running the XRC chassis as well? I see that more of the weight is moved further to the front and does the new bulkhead moved the motor a bit forward aslo? and is that a tensioner I see btween the top deck and the spur gear? gives me an idea to mod my FK as well as I am having problems of belt rubbing the motor everytime I use a smaller spur. Appreciate the pics. Tnx.

CE

Last edited by centax error!; 01-11-2005 at 06:58 AM.
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:55 AM   #874
Tech Fanatic

I race with Mike every weekend at our local track and here is what I can tell you. The Chassis is an XRAY prototype chassis. It's a little longer to fit the new adjustable bulkheads. The length is only added at the very front and rear so that the extended bulks fit. The diffs and wheelbase do not change and the cars uses the same belts. The only major change is that the diffs can be raised and lowered as well as moved forward and back. He does not use a belt tensioner other than the stock way of adjusting the belt. The top plate he uses is the new one that comes in the FK along with the carpet shock tower. Although he may have gone to the optional wide top brace (not sure on that) I never checked the battery placement to see if they were moved on the chassis but I will see him this week at the January Jam and check it out. After that he moves to Texas to start his new career with XRAY. The var in the pic does have a belt tensioner on it som maybe he added that also. I will get a good look at it this weekend and check it all out.

Last edited by DJG24; 01-11-2005 at 05:02 AM.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:59 AM   #875
Tech Master

excuse me, but I would like to anwser what kinwald and dumas ran in chameleons. we tried the f brush earlier in the week but did not end up running those. I tried alot of brushes. Some ran our new silver brush and some ran 4499's. I would appreicate it if ppl would not say who ran what when they dont know. thank you

Chad
Old 01-11-2005, 05:15 AM   #876
Tech Fanatic

Ralph told me that the chassis he was running this week had the batteries moved 7mm further forward than the XRC.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:16 AM   #877
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Thanks to Shane, Doug and everyone else who posted info / pictures / updates etc etc etc.

It really was great to be able to "watch" the race ... if only there was coverage like this for races outside of the US .......

Thanks once again!

Oli
Old 01-11-2005, 05:56 AM   #878
Tech Adept

what is the advantage of adjustable diff heights??
Leini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:58 AM   #879
Tech Initiate

From the pictures that have been posted it seems everyone was running at least one if not two fans.
How did you guys wire them? Both off the receiver or is there a different prefered method? thanks
yz684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #880
Tech Initiate

you can wire the fans or fan straight through the on off switch for your speed control
mvp2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:16 AM   #881
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default tech sheets

Does anyone have the information to post the tech sheets for all the mains?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-11-2005, 07:19 AM   #882
Tech Regular

Default Fans

I have tried it 2 different ways.
1. I connected it to the speedcontrol posts so that when I plug the battery in, it comes on.
2. The AE fan kit on my TC4 plugs into the receiver BATT receptacle.

The first is good, because it cools the motor after the race, but it does start running when the batt is plugged in so you must wait till the start of your race to plug in the battery.

The second let's me plug it in as early as I want, but it shuts off when I turn off the speed control, so the motor doesn't cool down while I'm cornering. Not good if I'm running 2 classes and have to change a hot/warm motor!
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:54 AM   #883
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I tried a fan on my Xray this past weekend but I really didn't like how much power it took. I dunno if something is off or what but I noticed a big difference in discharging my back with and without the fan in use.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #884
Tech Regular

"discharging my back"

David, are you bionic? An electric Back? j/k

Yes, I too noticed it takes the "top" off the battery, that's why I like connecting it to the receiver "batt" receptacle.

Still, I like the 20-40 deg diff. it makes on the motor temp!

When will we see you at Adams Creek?
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #885
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Man I running low on sleep trying to practice for the birds, so cut me some slack LOL

I dunno about ACR, I doubt I'll run anything but carpet till after the birds. Then after that I might run some offroad. Figure I'll need a break from sedan lol