Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

well I don't intend on purchasing a Spintec becuase I have turbo 35BL... what makes this thing different?

this is honestly news to me that NiHM need a linear discharge as well... what's the real scoop? because I've been discharge'n with my BL with the off road setting.

Thanks
Rudy
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deznuts05
well I don't intend on purchasing a Spintec becuase I have turbo 35BL... what makes this thing different?

this is honestly news to me that NiHM need a linear discharge as well... what's the real scoop? because I've been discharge'n with my BL with the off road setting.

Thanks
Rudy
here's a visual representation:

Turbo BL discharge
[------------------- 35amps -------------------]
[- Time: until the battery reaches its cutoff-----]

on the spintec... its like this..
[-35a-][-rest-][-35a-][-rest-][-35a-][-rest-][-35a-]

so basically the spintec has a pulse discharge meaning it will discharge your pack at 35amps for a certain amount of time then it will have a cool down period so your batteries dont get hot. and it repeats this process until the battery is fully discharged.

shookie mentioned this in the previous post minus the high resolution graphics ive provided.

you can check out a review of the product on the TAOB website. there are three parts.

http://www.taobracing.net

enjoy!

- Chris
Old 11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks... how about the Off Road and Oval settings on the BL? If I am not mistaking thoses settings simulates either types of racing
Old 11-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
we are at the moment testing the prototypes of a 4 cell Battery Manager. Final version is still not known, but yes it will be for 4, 6 and 7 cell packs. It will also have some additional features, but for now obvious reasons I can not tell yet. Not sure yet when it will be available, expect early next year.

Any news on the next generation of 's hehe
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea High Res Grafix aren't my strong suit...LOL....

Originally Posted by Hebiki
here's a visual representation:

Turbo BL discharge
[------------------- 35amps -------------------]

on the spintec... its like this..
[-35a-][-rest-][-35a-][-rest-][-35a-][-rest-][-35a-]

so basically the spintec has a pulse discharge meaning it will discharge your pack at 35amps for a certain amount of time then it will have a cool down period so your batteries dont get hot. and it repeats this process until the battery is fully discharged.

shookie mentioned this in the previous post minus the high resolution graphics ive provided.

you can check out a review of the product on the TAOB website. there are three parts.

http://www.taobracing.net

enjoy!

- Chris
Old 11-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Thunderbt3, no new Battery Manager to expect for a while.... we are fully focussing on the ICC charger for now!

Hebiki, nice graphics! Can you do all of my artwork!!??
Old 11-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

Hi

I just buy this product and first time to use, i connected the batman to fully charge battery pack, the screen only show the "Run time " and "Voltage" no any other data to display, and batman alway run around 5-8 "run time " is stop and auto off, the product is ok or not, please help, thank you
Old 11-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayspeed
Hi

I just buy this product and first time to use, i connected the batman to fully charge battery pack, the screen only show the "Run time " and "Voltage" no any other data to display, and batman alway run around 5-8 "run time " is stop and auto off, the product is ok or not, please help, thank you
check your connections on the alligator clips. make sure the wires are completely soldered on there. it might not be secure and giving inaccurate readings.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Hebiki

Thank you your reply, I've already check the alligator clips connection, the wires are completely is fully soldered on there.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Ray, sounds like you have a defective unit. Of course you will get a new unit as soon as possible. Check your email for details!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought you don't get the rest of the info on the pack till after it is discharged. If you are supposed to get the rest of the info about the pack while it is discharging, then I guess I have a defective unit as well. I don't think I do though since it was my understanding the rest of the info comes after the discharge.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Yeti35, you are right. During discharge you only see runtime and voltage. When discharge is finished you will see the rest. But Rayspeed mentioned problems with 'auto off' and only short runtimes, so I supposed something else is wrong with his unit.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick reply there Erik!! I had to look on my international clock on my cell phone to figure out what time it was over where you are at. I was surprised to see a quick response like that but then realized you are 8 hours ahead of me!! Enjoy your evening as my day is just getting started here!!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Thanks for the quick reply there Erik!! .... 8 hours ahead of me!! Enjoy your evening as my day is just getting started here!!
Not yet evening. It's only 15:06 (afternoon) here
Old 11-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

hi. just got my batman.

i havent been able to dishcarge a full cycle yet....

i put a fully charged battery in.

sometimes it wont start up straight away. have to wait about 2 to 3 minutes, the screen is just blank. is there a delay you have to wait from the last use?

also when it does start, it goes thru the motions... "please register... checking 3, 2, 1... voltage 8.4v... run time 0.1... etc etc" then a few minutes later all it does is does is blink "8.22" but is very very faint ...

i disconnect and try reconnect and screen is blank. change to a new battery and nothing happens

is my batman working properly?

thanks

Last edited by Doomah; 11-14-2005 at 06:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.