Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Originally Posted by MARKANO
However, Im still worry about the service life time of the unit. I afraid it may cause excessive heat wear to the internal Fet/Resistor if I used it too often. Not sure how many cycles it can goes. And that is the reason why Im not cycling any of my pals batteries in track.
Dont Worry!

I still use the Spintec predecessor (Kinetic Prodis) form 1996! And that one get even a bit hotter.

PS. Ofcourse I always use the BatMan, but sometimes i have to many full batteries and use the old Kinetic.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MARKANO
The Spintec BatMan is just AWESON! I can feel that my older batteries can charge better, run time is good for sure, I.R. is reduced (not sure it actually help?).

However, Im still worry about the service life time of the unit. I afraid it may cause excessive heat wear to the internal Fet/Resistor if I used it too often. Not sure how many cycles it can goes. And that is the reason why Im not cycling any of my pals batteries in track.
i have 4 of these and they are always being used back to back. These things are the best investment i ever had. so far the highest cycle unit i have has 192 cycles the lowest is 116. And i have discharged back to back with no problems.

I am 99.999999% positive you will not have any problems what so ever...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Erik
I have found a fault ,yipppppeeeeeee
I need a idiot light to tell me when it`s finished discharging, when you are in the hustle & bustle of the pits, noise,distrastions & so on, you can`t tell when it`s finished just by glancing at it

See i told you i will find some thing
The only thing that gives it away .if you missed the `finished discharging message` is when it scrolls throught he whole setup capacity of internal resitence only come up when it`s finished
Oh & it`s heat sink is cold, dohh

Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
We will consider putting in a LED light or something to more clearly indicate it is done discharging. But I think ones you get to know the scrolling texts, you will see it quite easy.

has this been done?

or has anyone else who use this find they dont know when it is finished dishcarging?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

What is the best way to store your battery?And about the bm what is the best way to get the most out this thing? If i race at the track and ran for 5min and then put it on the bm. It wont be done in time it will be time to go home so. Ran for 5mins discharge to .09 than bm it then tray it how does that sound? And how much power has to be left in the battery for the bm to cylce it right? And to get a good rreading from it should the battery be fully charge. I read on the fourms something like the more you cycle on the bm the better? thank you very much.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I vote for a simple idiot light to tell at a glance if it's done discharging.

I know the text and all, but still find I have to stop for a few seconds and figure out what the text display is showing and then understanding it. For me it would be a lot quicker to see a light (green/red), which takes a half a millisecond to look at and for my brain to process. This time adds up, because I'm constantly looking at the charger and saying to myself, "are you done yet?" as I work on other things around me.

Last edited by deforest; 10-28-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

hi.

is it concluded that this discharger is not suitable for stick packs? i was reading on pg's 13-14 that a few people were having problems?

what about ladder packs with deans?

also is SPT-BM1 Spintec Battery Manager the current version product code?

thanks

e_lm_70 u got PM

Last edited by Doomah; 10-29-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 420 racing
What is the best way to store your battery?And about the bm what is the best way to get the most out this thing? If i race at the track and ran for 5min and then put it on the bm. It wont be done in time it will be time to go home so. Ran for 5mins discharge to .09 than bm it then tray it how does that sound? And how much power has to be left in the battery for the bm to cylce it right? And to get a good rreading from it should the battery be fully charge. I read on the fourms something like the more you cycle on the bm the better? thank you very much.
the way most people run their older packs is they charge them up. run them in practice for 5-6 mins. then put it on the Batman. from there how you store it is a whole different thing. there are several threads on here on how some people store their packs. the most common practice is: if you are going to race again and use those same packs within a week. you can discharge it down to 0.9v per cell. and store it this way.

if it is longer than a week, then people recommend you put some charge back into the batteries. the key is consistency. use the same procedure everytime so you get consistent results from your Batman. if you do that, you will see the numbers on your batteries improve. (i.e. the IR goes down, etc).
Old 10-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
the way most people run their older packs is they charge them up. run them in practice for 5-6 mins. then put it on the Batman. from there how you store it is a whole different thing. there are several threads on here on how some people store their packs. the most common practice is: if you are going to race again and use those same packs within a week. you can discharge it down to 0.9v per cell. and store it this way.

if it is longer than a week, then people recommend you put some charge back into the batteries. the key is consistency. use the same procedure everytime so you get consistent results from your Batman. if you do that, you will see the numbers on your batteries improve. (i.e. the IR goes down, etc).

i agree... i have been doing this routine for quite some time now.

but the thing i noticed was that when using the batman, my batts are more "empty" than when dischaging on my GFX then traying them on the novak... thats why after using the batman, i think batts shouldn't be left without charge for more than 1 week.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

I agree with highwayman. It seems that's why I can get more "charge" into the batteries. I have noticed also that my internal resistance during charging has increased. Has anyone else noticed that?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Doomah, that code is probably a shop-code. For the US the Horizon code is SPI1000. If you have firmware version 1.5 you have got the latest.

Stick packs are no problem as long as you can make a good connection to it. Most stick packs come with Tamiya style plugs, it is difficult to clip on the alligator clips to that. So either change the plugs or the alligators for good connection.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, what happens if you do not have a good connection to the BatMan when discharging?
Old 10-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beer_drinker
Out of curiosity, what happens if you do not have a good connection to the BatMan when discharging?
not having a good connection will cause the data that is being gathered to have greater variation. say for example it gets disconnected for a few seconds, then the Batman starts up again. check the soldering on your aligator clips to make sure you have a solid connection there. same thing when you clip it on to your batteries. make sure its clip is on there as much as possible.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all.

Is possible compare the spintec discharger tray with the mythical Tekin DIS 350?
I have one and i notice that in "Pulse Discharge" doing almost the same.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Just a question. Why does everyone say even though the spintec has a 30a pulse discharge. 3700's can take 2 hours to discharge, using my calculations a fully charged pack should take a maximum of 15minutes?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Because your cells never overheat....
It takes longer and it uses a cooflex technoligy that puts a load on the batts then lets it rest then does it all over again..
I have never had my cells get above the tempature that they are sitting at when I start discharging...
This is designed to make your packs l;ast longer...
If people wnat a quicker discharge than the Integy Zero 30 tray is perfect...
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by thecrow2k
Just a question. Why does everyone say even though the spintec has a 30a pulse discharge. 3700's can take 2 hours to discharge, using my calculations a fully charged pack should take a maximum of 15minutes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.