Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Voltage jumping

Hi Guys

I've done about 30 cycles with my batman on my 6cell packs I use for club racing. At the moment I'm discharging a 7cell pack for a friend, he uses it for flying. The batman gets hotter than I've felt it before, but I suppose that is due to the 7th cell. The thing that worries me though it that the Current Voltage as reported by the batman is all over the place. I'll give you some of the readings right now....
8.88 9.14 9.26 9.03 9.17 9.03 9.05 9.06 9.24 9.14 9.04 8.95 9.08 8.89

Is it normal for the voltage to jump like this? I've never noticed it on my 6cell packs before. Could it indicate a problem with his packs? He only has two packs, and both of them are doing this. The reason I'm discharging for him is because he suspects his charger could be faulty, and I'm going to try my charger on them. His charger sometimes charges for 15 minutes from empty and says it's done, other times for an hour. If the batman sees these kinds of voltages, and it is a problem with his packs, then I think his charger could be false peaking.

I don't want to risk damaging my batman, I like it too much

TIA
Fred
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well the is suppose to be used with only 6 cells so you run the risk of messing the unit up...
I would not use it for 7 cells ever again. Cause I think that voids the warrentee if you go beyond the intended use...
Now for the other question, about the flucuation in voltage.
It is normal as the to have this happen. What it is doing is pulse discharging which means it goes on then off. Whiel it is off the voltage will increase and then drop when the dischargign continues. I know the Cool Flew technoligy does more than that, but that is why the numbers jump around...
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by stridervc
Hi Guys

I've done about 30 cycles with my batman on my 6cell packs I use for club racing. At the moment I'm discharging a 7cell pack for a friend, he uses it for flying. The batman gets hotter than I've felt it before, but I suppose that is due to the 7th cell. The thing that worries me though it that the Current Voltage as reported by the batman is all over the place. I'll give you some of the readings right now....
8.88 9.14 9.26 9.03 9.17 9.03 9.05 9.06 9.24 9.14 9.04 8.95 9.08 8.89

Is it normal for the voltage to jump like this? I've never noticed it on my 6cell packs before. Could it indicate a problem with his packs? He only has two packs, and both of them are doing this. The reason I'm discharging for him is because he suspects his charger could be faulty, and I'm going to try my charger on them. His charger sometimes charges for 15 minutes from empty and says it's done, other times for an hour. If the batman sees these kinds of voltages, and it is a problem with his packs, then I think his charger could be false peaking.

I don't want to risk damaging my batman, I like it too much

TIA
Fred
Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Well the is suppose to be used with only 6 cells so you run the risk of messing the unit up...
I would not use it for 7 cells ever again. Cause I think that voids the warrentee if you go beyond the intended use...
Now for the other question, about the flucuation in voltage.
It is normal as the to have this happen. What it is doing is pulse discharging which means it goes on then off. Whiel it is off the voltage will increase and then drop when the dischargign continues. I know the Cool Flew technoligy does more than that, but that is why the numbers jump around...
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><
Thanx Shookie! I feel better now. I did check the batman's documentation, and the site, and it says that it's for 6-7 cell, so I hope it'll be ok. Thanks for your help
Old 10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sweet, I wasn't sure about the 7 cell thing..

-Shookie <><

Originally Posted by stridervc
Thanx Shookie! I feel better now. I did check the batman's documentation, and the site, and it says that it's for 6-7 cell, so I hope it'll be ok. Thanks for your help
Old 10-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

How far away is the ICC? And can I pre-order one? Also can you tell me if the unit will discharge each cell individually at up to 35A ?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Seano
How far away is the ICC? And can I pre-order one? Also can you tell me if the unit will discharge each cell individually at up to 35A ?
Hey Seam, is Philip here , what's your email address. I will let you know as soon as I find out more from Erik, but it is looking like another month or so away.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Seano

Hi,maybe you would like to seach for the ICC thread.I've asked erik the same qns.And he replied very promptly.

Go check it out.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Is it O.K. to connect the HOT batteries to the BatMan immediately after race?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MARKANO
Is it O.K. to connect the HOT batteries to the BatMan immediately after race?
Yes ! .....the heat from your HOT batteries will magically transfer to the batman !
Old 10-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Magically? Cool.............

I just bought my batman second hand from someone for a pretty hefty price..., I just hope this thing is going to be worth the bang for my buck.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

I am surprised anyone is selling their Batman.

But take my word for it, it worth every buck you have paid for it.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

You're really lucky that you can buy a second hand Batman. My friend and I are really happy with that.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

I can't wait to get my hands on the batman, i have some batts with IR of 50+ (i have a pack in the 60s), i would like to see if they could bring them back even slightly... I recall seeing the question on the thread b4, but don't recall the answer. Can anyone kindly help me out? Is it ok to leave the battery plugged into the batman for extended periods?

I will definately post my comments on the batman. It was because of the fantastic comments on this thread in the first place that had me interested in the batman.

I have one more question, did anyone notice the IR of their batteries decreasing while their packs were being charged (after using the batman a number of times with their packs)? (I realize the discharge #s are what is important, but I was just wondering if anyone got better charging IR #s)
Old 10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

thinking of selling my batman its only been used less than 20 cycles.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Can I be nosy and ask why striker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.