Spintec Battery Manager

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I Think you had to read the info on the spintec web site.
But for 35 Amp, it's not continuous... as you say pulsed. The heatsink is hot at the end, but the battery is quasi cold.( ambiant temperature )
Old 01-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Kinetics = Spintec

ProMaX,

Erik Jonk also made the Kinetics discharger, thats why they look the "same"
Old 01-31-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

nnick:
At the moment we can not yet give a price estimation. The ICC will probably become available late April.

Maxchow:
Please re-study your basic electronics, as power = voltage x current. Your calculations make no sense at all!
And no, PWM has nothing to do with this. There is no (PW)Modulation in this device.

Bastos & Maxchow:
Charge time with the ICC is almost the same, or slightly longer because individual cells now can continue charging until they have accepted maximum charge!

ProMax:
As Eirik said, the Kinetic is one of my previous designs. The Battery Manager is its successor, with improved discharge process and display.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry for mistype something.

Yeah, Power=I x V = Workdone/Time

so assume battery voltage keep at 1.2V,

Workdone = 35amp x 1.2V x 1sec = 42 (assume linear)
Workdone = 35amp x 1.2V x 0.5sec = 21 (assume pulse at 50%)

I am not challenging for what, just want to let people understand what is the different. BTW, it doesn't matter using whatever means, the most important issue is ......it works !!

Old 01-31-2005, 10:06 AM
T-man

Eric,

Heb je nog testers nodig tijdens de Tamiya Eurocup en de EC10 Nomac series

Ben zeer benieuwd!

Marc Theihzen

Old 02-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb Spintec in France

You will find on the 1st French portal, Petit R/C, an article about your last product :

webiste > HERE

article > here
Old 02-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

T-man:
Thanks for offering to become our test racer! I will keep it in mind, see you at those races...

hypermaximus:
Thanks, cool website!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:40 AM
O
Tech Initiate

Hi Erik

what sort of internal resistance readings should i expect to get from a good pack
I know if all my cells are 2.5 milliohm the pack will be 15 milliohm + soldering
just wondering what the soldering would add
Old 02-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Around 40 milliohms are good values I believe. This reading depends on a lot of factors, like charge current, how hot is the pack, how long ago has it been charged, how many times re-peaked, etc.

Maybe others can post their best values here for comparison? Would be nice to see!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys
I have tried the spintec discharger already.Mark from Dhi Malta gave me one to try it.I discharged several packs after racing 5 min and the time was exactly the same as i use to discharge on my Protrak.From 100 to 122 sec and super stock not modified.I also discharged a fully charged pack and repeaked it like i use to do in races.The readings were:
Pack SMC gold peak gp3306s
capacity:3873
resistance:61.5
average voltage:7.56
runtime:435sec
energy:98.8

I think from these reading the spintec is doing something good for sure at least the capacity is very good compared to other dischargers because others will not empty the packs like spintec do.3873mah is a very good reading i think.Average voltage is very good too but i'm a little confused here because with 20 Amps discharge on my Protrak the average voltage is 7.18volts!!!
What i know for sure is that this pack is ballistic on the track and always gave me good punch and runtime.I will post more after i do more testing.BTW correct me if i'm wrong on these ideas please.BTW glad to see you writing on this forum Dave because any comment from you can help a lot!!!

Henry
Old 02-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello

Now, we know that the Batman is good for our batteries ( I've got two ), we know what is the I.C.C and his special charge...but now we had to know what is the E-Qu !!!

Erik ?

See you

Bastien
Old 02-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Right that does it i`m sold on this
I`m going to get one cos `if it`s good enough for Mr. spashett, it`s adaquat for me`

I can get one tomorrow, had my cells long enough & looked after in a set way ,so the parimeters are set,
Fingers crossed i should see a increase some where along the way,voltage?,IR?,capacity,looks

Erik
If i buy one will i get my name along side the spintec advert on your site, just below david`s will be fine!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any update on when this will be available in the US? I was hoping to have one on hand for the TCS race at the end of February.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Last edited by g12314; 02-14-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

We're still working on US distribution. By the end of February I hope to know more. By March it should be no problem to get them also in the US.

g12314, if you really want it for that race I suggest to try one of our European distributors. Some of them also ship overseas. Good luck, let me know if I can be of any help.

Mr. Jolly, of course I will put your name in it... let me know as soon as you've won a couple of world championships

Bastien, well... the E-Qu... let's keep that a surprise for now
(TWO Batman's?? )

Speed1, voltage could be higher because the 35 amps coolflex is not so hard on your batteries. The cooling-down periods allow the cells to recover between load blocks.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Erik
i think the world championships might be a problem
How about `for being nice` will that do

i just got meself a spinny techy thing
i`ll give it a go over the next week or so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.