Search

Pit Towel...LOOKING

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Pit Towel...LOOKING

Hi,

I am looking for a good quality Pit Towel that is bigger than the normal 12” x 18” style since my setup board would cover it. I know that Hudy and Xray make a decent size one but they are very thin and questionable quality coming from Hudy. Lunsford seems to make a nice embroidered, (which is what I want) but is too small.

Any ideas and links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Racers edge makes a great large pit towel that is awsome. It has this rubberized coating so even nitro doesn't go through. I think mine was $12. Also Yokomo makes one that is a denium material that is very durable also. Trinity and Epic both have one that are OK also. Check with Steve Wang at www.speedtechrc.com in a couple days when his website is up and running again. Try Stormer or Tower for other manufatures. I got my Epic one from my Local Hobby shop for $10.00 they also had a Trinity one for the same price.
Hope this helps
Stephen <><
Old 01-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Racers edge makes a great large pit towel that is awsome. It has this rubberized coating so even nitro doesn't go through. I think mine was $12. Also Yokomo makes one that is a denium material that is very durable also. Trinity and Epic both have one that are OK also. Check with Steve Wang at www.speedtechrc.com in a couple days when his website is up and running again. Try Stormer or Tower for other manufatures. I got my Epic one from my Local Hobby shop for $10.00 they also had a Trinity one for the same price.
Hope this helps
Stephen <><
Hey Steve,

Yea, I have one of those rubberized ones and they work well but they do not hold screws too well since they keep rolling off...LOL

I also tried to go to Speedtech's site and I think they are currently upgraded it.

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Michal101
Hey Steve,

Yea, I have one of those rubberized ones and they work well but they do not hold screws too well since they keep rolling off...LOL

I also tried to go to Speedtech's site and I think they are currently upgraded it.

Thanks, Mike
If you like Yokomo theres is also good, but suprising to me is the Epic becasue for its price it has the border that seems thicker than teh Racers Edge ones and has been pretty durable in my shop. I have set up a little lip around the egde of the Racers Edge ne with a little help from CA just lean the edge up and ca which makes it stay standing up a bit so that no little wondering screws find the pinball game I call my garage floor (when a screw hits my floor it can fly in any direction and travel fifteen feet and all the while I search right under my feet) man I hate my Garage floor. LOL.
I would say if you have a Tamiya car the one Steve sells is great like real towel material, I got one for my Brother for Christmas. They have Black and Blue to choose from. But they are a bit pricey $25.00. Hope this has been a help
Stephen <><
Old 01-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Save a buck or two, go to the dollar store.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

KE4PJO is the smart guy of the group!! LOL you can go to the dollar store and buy a pack of 4 towels and a sharpie for under 5 bucks. Get white...everything shows up on it so you wont loose anything and you can wash it with some hardcore bleach when you are done with it. What no logos? Thats what the sharpie is for!! You can have 4 different pit towels if you want!!
Old 01-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

hahaha.....i just use a rc-mushroom one, does the job for $6.

its orange to so just about everything shows up, but unfortunatley the dirt does ot

but if you want a thick one then go to pound land (or the dollar store or what ever you call it) and get a pack of beach towels or what ever....their pretty thick.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Michal101: drop me an email....

[email protected]

Old 01-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Tech Legend

My girl friend pick me up three dail pit towels from the thrift store

1 dollar each.....
Old 01-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
My girl friend pick me up three dail pit towels from the thrift store

1 dollar each.....
Wild Cherry,

I appreciate all of your inputs.

Actually, I am looking for speciific R/C embroidered or a long lasting logo pit towel. And I agree with you guys on the dollar tree pit towels, but???

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Alex Racing Pit Towel

you can get a Alex Racing one at www.speedtechrc.com its a nice blue colour , a bit expensive but worth it
Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya also makes a really nice pit towel. Spendy at $25, but it's 24"x48" blue front, white back. Even has nice tag on the bottom corner. Not sure what exact towel it is, but not your typical 'hotel' style pit towel. It's some Japanese towel. Almost too nice to get it dirty!
Old 01-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by razzo
Tamiya also makes a really nice pit towel. Spendy at $25, but it's 24"x48" blue front, white back. Even has nice tag on the bottom corner. Not sure what exact towel it is, but not your typical 'hotel' style pit towel. It's some Japanese towel. Almost too nice to get it dirty!
I would probably keep it for my bathroom and use a $1 one for my RC stuff

My friend just gave me a denim pit towel from Squat (he found it in Japan), very nice looking and doesn't get dirty that quickly...
Old 01-02-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Wal-mart or The next time your at a hotel, take one of thiers.
Snowy.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally posted by razzo
Tamiya's pit towels are good... its a good buy... some of the TRF guys use them. i got a Blue and a Black towel last year. but i havent had the heart to open em up yet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.