Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Titan / Blitz bodies >

Titan / Blitz bodies

Titan / Blitz bodies

Old 01-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Titan / Blitz bodies

Does anyone use these? im looking to get their mazda6 but ive never heard of them. i searched here with no results either. I could go with what i know, but finding paint around here is quite a hassle

thanks for any info you may have.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi,

I purchased a Blitz mazda 6 last month, there a few things i didnt like and they were,

1. The roof has a sunroof marked out on it, so if you dont want it too bad...

2. they only supply the body with 2 wing mounting screws unlike protoform where you get four, thus if you crash as often as i do the wing wont last LOL...

Other than that its fine, and just as strong/weak as protoform bodies..
Old 01-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

ah ok great. thanks for the info

I dont really like the sunroof either, but i can live with it. maybe ill put my car number on there or something

I think my old losi body only came with 2 mounting screws for the wing too, so thats no biggie for me.

thanks again
Old 01-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool Titan Blitz bodies

I bought a dodge stratus titan blitz body not long ago
all thought i havent purchased the mazda 6 the stratus has a few deflects of its own,

1. the wheels arcs are a to small circumferance to fit the wheel around and as a result u have to extended the arc which may come out uneven.

2. the spoiler on the stratus was moulded the wrong side up so the area were the protective film lies is the side that needed to be painted even though the opposite side of the protective film is the correct place to paint on this particular brand of body it was different.

Over all even though the titan blitz had a few deflects its not that bad of a brand one up side was u got window masks with it but personaly i recomend a brand like: Protoform!
Old 01-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

does anyone have a web address for these bodies?
Old 01-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

i would like a protoform, but as i mentioned, getting paint is a royal pain.

the mazda6 is already painted so i dont have to worry about that. i was hoping the wheels wouldnt be pre-cut so i could use my radius tool on them, but oh well. for the price i guess i could live with having to cut it out.

my main concern was durability and if there was something drastically wrong with these bodies, as ive never seen them mentioned here before.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PaintingRoly
does anyone have a web address for these bodies?
http://www.team-titan.com.tw/
Old 01-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

i had a mazda6 for my G4 a while back, and it wasn't painted, didn't have a sunroof marking and wasn't precut.

so i dunno why you guys are all saying it has sunroofs and stuff

i never actually got to hit the track with it but it didn't look as aggressive as the proto version, but did seem a bit thicker so would be upto a bit more abuse.

and why would you want 4 wing mounting screws? only reason proto give you 4 is so you can screw on the spill plates on at the back of the wing to if you get what i mean.

you guys are crazy
Old 01-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

I have used both the stratus and the mazda 6 and both were good bodies. They are stronger than their proto counterparts and I like the simple wing... Its easy to cut down.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raving-monkey
i had a mazda6 for my G4 a while back, and it wasn't painted, didn't have a sunroof marking and wasn't precut.

so i dunno why you guys are all saying it has sunroofs and stuff

of course it may have been mistitled in the auction.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NVISBLE: Where in ontario do u live? I dont know why you would have trouble finding paint. What ever hobby shop u buy your r/c stuff should have paint.

FYI: There Canadian site is here: http://www.team-titan-ca.com/
They resently sponsored our .2004 Cleveland Warm-Up
Old 01-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NVisible

of course it may have been mistitled in the auction.
coool, no more painting

can i get these in 190mm?

i plan on getting a mazda6 as my next shell (titan) see how it compares to the proto version in electric.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
NVISBLE: Where in ontario do u live? I dont know why you would have trouble finding paint. What ever hobby shop u buy your r/c stuff should have paint.
my hobby shop here is kind of non-existant. he pretty much closed his doors and is working out of his house, selling off stock. Hes holding a race soon so i'll find out for sure then.

I was in Ottawa not long ago to get some at Dynamic Hobbies but they were closed

raving-monkey: the one pictured is 190mm. I believe they come in different paint schemes as well.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: Titan / Blitz bodies

Originally posted by NVisible
Does anyone use these? im looking to get their mazda6 but ive never heard of them. i searched here with no results either. I could go with what i know, but finding paint around here is quite a hassle

thanks for any info you may have.
I have used both the M6 and the TC 1.9 from Blitz and the bodies are pretty durable. I found that the M6 compares to the protoform Mazda 6 very well in handling characteristics ... with the edge going to the Protoform body for indoor racing ... better downforce on the front for better turning characteristics. For the price, the Blitz bodies are great - strong lexan, and some cool bodies - i.e. the M5 (BMW M5) body that looks like it will be great for outdoor. The only complaint that I have is that the decals (headlights / taillights) do not seem to stick to the body well ... make sure that you clean the body well with rubbing alcohol before applying decals to Blitz bodies - must be the releasing agent that they use to pull the bodies off the mould.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

ill definatly remember that when the body arrives. Ill eventually go with a protoform body for the summer months if we get races going up here.

thanks again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.