R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   1/5 Motorcycle's Thunder Tiger and Nouva Faor (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/5889-1-5-motorcycles-thunder-tiger-nouva-faor.html)

Trikster 06-18-2002 02:04 PM

1/5 Motorcycle's Thunder Tiger and Nouva Faor

Anyone other than me have one? I am only running a stock motor and some old electronics, but they are incredibly cool. They take a lot of getting used to, especially the fact that to go right, the bike steer's left... The stock gearing works well with a stock motor, but I think its a bit low. My guess is that something like a 19 turn spec motor might be just about perfect if your bike is stock. I hear that most of the Thunder Tiger and NF's parts are interchangeable. The NF is the better bike, but only from an engineering stand point. The NF uses a bit more turned aluminum than the Thunder Tiger, all its cross members are plastic, and the NF's tolerances are much better. Once the bikes are out on the road, you really cannot tell that much of a difference. From what I also hear, the hop ups for the NF will fit the TT without modification. From the pictures though, I do not think the front disk brake will fit without modification (servo) or a different plate.

These things are really neat. They do not turn as sharp as I would wish, but I think once a drivers skill improves, so will the parameters of the bike. I have just mastered getting the bike up from being layed down. That is a neat trick. You have to actually turn AWAY from the side your laying on. Seems weird, but so is driving one. If anyone is looking for something different, look into one of these bikes. I love mine. I think if enough people buy these, I could easily see racing classes for these starting up. 1/10 scale gas tracks (or even better 1/8 scale tracks) are about the size that is needed to manuever these things around. 90 degree turns and switchbacks will be tough...

C'mon, lets hear some thoughts!!! :nod: :tire:

was ist los? 06-19-2002 11:40 PM

how fast are they compared to electric tcs given that both have same motor and electronics?

Trikster 06-20-2002 06:12 PM

They are a bit slower. Because you have to be off the throttle to turn, its pretty rare to get up to top end. If you have tons of space, you can probably make some speed passes, but you wont be able to turn. Other than that, if your up for a true challenge, these are it. TC's were too boring for me, as my T-Maxx got to be. These are really fun. Frustrating if you goof up, but fun none the less. :tire:

Barney Rubble 06-21-2002 06:52 AM

there is actually a race series here in the uk for the large scale bikes here are a few links

mmperformance

RC Bikes

RC Racer Results