R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC3 Question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/58767-tc3-question.html)

p7050 12-30-2004 07:16 PM

TC3 Question

How does the Tc3 compare to all the other 4 wheel drive cars out there. I am currently trying to find out which one to purchase. Thanks

www.rcracingweb.com

runnin rc10 12-30-2004 07:43 PM

Its top notch, but if you are in the market for a new car, why not just buy the newer associated car and get the TC4? The setups are coming around and the car is proving to be faster. I just got mine and like it more than the TC3. Now dont get me wrong the TC3 is a great car and will be for some time, if you are looking to get one used the TC3 would be a great choice considering they are on ebay,forums, etc. like crazy. The HPI Pro4 and the Tamiya 415 are also both really good cars. The XRAY cars are nice. All of these are nice. Just check on your LHS parts availability and your budget when you go to make your decision.

The TC3 is a very fast car that doesnt require a lot to make it fast. A lot of people made a lot of mods to them but for club level STOCK racing its a solid car. I liked mine a lot and still do. Good luck and whatever you decide, remember to have fun and go race!

Shortbus Racer2 12-30-2004 08:03 PM

The TC3 is definately a nice ride. Associated really made a great car. Being pretty much the best shaft drive car. If you don't want to hassle alot with teeth stripping on belts and the tension going out in the belts. and the car i really a great balanced car. I would go with the new TC4 if your gonna get a brand new car however. Its an even more kick ass car and associated really did alot of improvements on top of their already great TC3.

T-Money86mcss 12-30-2004 08:35 PM

TC3's are great, especially if you are just getting into onroad or rc racing in general. I would say dont get the TC4. Because it just came out recently, now is a great opportunity to find used TC3's that are in great shape. A great car you dont have to put together that someone already hopped-up (not some RTR thing) for the right price would be the perfect first onroad car to get into sedan racing.

crACkeD ChaSsiS 12-30-2004 10:25 PM

tc3 to tc4

ya if u thinking about getting the tc3,id go ahead an get the tc4!!like previsously posted both are really great cars.

onebeatuptc3 12-31-2004 07:33 AM

the only problem i noticed with the tc3 was that the diff cases strip easily. Other than that, its a great car. Whats nice is its a nice balance, and I can even keep up with T1s with it, even tho my next car is a t1.

mike fleming 12-31-2004 07:53 AM

TC3

I know a guy who has a nice Factory Team TC3 for sale now.
It includes a bunch of spares too.

Check it out at www.wnyrcinfo.com

Look at items for sale, his name is Dan.

Good Luck