Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EX-1 Mars R; Super HSR feature....

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:00 AM
mxs
Tech Adept

Default EX-1 Mars R; Super HSR feature....

Hi,

can anybody clarify for me whether all EX-1 Mars R transmitters floating around have this feature? I've heard that you can get them either with or without this feature. But then some other people told me that every single has it built in, but it depends what receiver you are gonna use. So it's kind of confusing. Also the older ones (manufactured I guess more than 2 years ago...) don't come with "Super HSR ...." label at the bottom, but people keep telling me it has the feature. Is there a year when KO PRROPO launched this feature?

The reason I am asking is I wanna buy a used controller, but it's important to me that the radio has a feature as such.

Thanks for your opinions.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

The orignal Mars was first Mars radio and came with the orange grips, then the Mars-R came out not that long ago and had the gole wheel, black grips and blue led light and pretty sure it was standard with the 40% or whatever faster frame rate thing. Not sure if they offered it as normal speed and I've also heard something like you don't get that 40% faster speed if don't use the stock KO Rx and/or KO servo but I'd think that's more of a ploy to make you buy their stuff to keep that faster speed.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by SlobbaTech
I've also heard something like you don't get that 40% faster speed if don't use the stock KO Rx and/or KO servo but I'd think that's more of a ploy to make you buy their stuff to keep that faster speed.
It's not a ploy. You actually just have to use the KO receiver and DIGITAL servos, it doesn't really matter what brand of servo. Aftermarket receivers lack the ability to process the HSR signal. That's also why you're unable to use the R with the older KR-297F receiver.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
It's not a ploy. You actually just have to use the KO receiver and DIGITAL servos, it doesn't really matter what brand of servo. Aftermarket receivers lack the ability to process the HSR signal. That's also why you're unable to use the R with the older KR-297F receiver.
?? I've been using a Mars R with a Novak Synthesizer and analog Airtronics for a while now, with no problems.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:23 AM
mxs
Tech Adept

Thank for all the posts, but I am still not sure how to identify the transmitters which can run HSR. Or is it any as long as they are goldish finish and I use the new receiver (KR 301) and digital KO servo?

I don't want the transmitter run just o.k.. I need to make sure that if I decide to buy digital KO servo I will be able to run on the highest frame rate available. I just don't want to get into a situation where I will be told that the transmitter cannot handle this feature.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2004, 07:05 AM
mxs
Tech Adept

Default Anybody pls... Ex-1 Mars R feature......

I can't believe nobody knows this. There is apparently a lot uf EX-1 Mars users around, so I assume somebody must know this.

Thanks again
Old 12-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.kopropo.com/home.htm

Should be able to find some contact info on there to get the answer you are looking for in the time frame you want it. Robert Norris(or Morris - can't remember) should be able to help you out.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by kevink2
?? I've been using a Mars R with a Novak Synthesizer and analog Airtronics for a while now, with no problems.
It will work fine with most aftermarket receivers, but you'll be running at the old, standard Mars processing rate. Charlie at Novak has confirmed this as fact.