Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Tekin to LRP.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Electronics shrink as they "progress" yes ?
For 12th scale, smaller is always better.

Tekin & LRP get that.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
And why is that? The Tekin seems to have no issues due to size so why would they change. Heck, the hardware seems to have no issues anyways so i'm thinking Tekin is a long way from a new speed control.
We'll see.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love all the speculation lol.

Switching to new software will not kill an esc unless you interrupt the update. And even then we can usually walk you through the fix.

If you guys are having issues with any Tekin product you can hit up [email protected] or myself at [email protected] I maybe a bit slower than the support guys at answering since this not my primary job at Tekin but I'm here to help out fellow racers.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Over the yrs I've run novak, lrp, tekin and tekin is still the best. Yes the lrp is a nice unit and the feel is different, mabey better mabey not depending on your style and track. But as has been displayed several times in this thread if you have a problem with an lrp write it off, it wont be worth the time and expense to fix. I guess that I'd rather have an on/off switch than a great looking paperweight
Old 01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
I care about knowing problems will be taken care of if they arise. Because they will arise no matter whos stuff you run.
THIS is why, no matter what, I will always run Tekin. Their CS is second to NONE. Although I still don't have money to afford the repairs, I contacted Randy Pike via PM about my RS being dead and got an very prompt reply with instructions how to get it replaced.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
33x33x19 is too big? The RS/RS Pro is 33 x 25.4 x 11.5/15.25. The LRP is 30.5x34x16mm. The Viper is 30x32.5x19.5. The SP appears to be right there among the smallest, and doesn't have any side exit wires to get in the way.

Don't be surprised if the replacement for the RS is bigger than the current ESC. There's a reason nobody else is making them that small.
And that's why I stay with the Tekin...it is over a full centimeter smaller in 2 of it's dimensions.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
And that's why I stay with the Tekin...it is over a full centimeter smaller in 2 of it's dimensions.
If your running 1s, you should really add in the size of the rx pack or booster into the equation cause it is a necessary component with the Tekin where with the other speedos it is not, in effect giving the Tekin combo probably the largest footprint of all.

In TC, I have plenty of room for any of these speedos, inluding a HobbyWing and speedo weight is a non factor cause I have to add about 30g of weight to meet class requirements.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacinJ
An LRP SXX user at our track didn't have his speedo for over 2 months after it was sent in for service. He had a terrible time finding the status of his repair, if he ever got it.

From what I hear Tekin can turn them around in 2 to 3 weeks out and back.
I sent my SXX in before Christmas, figuring I wouldn't have anything done before the holiday, and LRP was closed until yesterday. They got it the 20th, have processed it and after my e-mail last night, they replied promptly this morning saying they had processed it, what was being done and that it was out of stock but would be shipped out as soon as they are back in. Not happy that they're out, but at least I got an answer.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
If your running 1s, you should really add in the size of the rx pack or booster into the equation cause it is a necessary component with the Tekin where with the other speedos it is not, in effect giving the Tekin combo probably the largest footprint of all.
This would be the case if the Rx pack needed to be adjacent to the ESC. That isn't the case so you have more flexibility in mounting the Tekin over the others. My CRC Gen-Xi has my first modern Tekin in it. I'm very happy with the performance and the fact I could put the battery/esc/servo all inline.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well the current Tekin is not the old Tekin in 90s when support was lacking. LRP is quite tricky. AE and LRP used to be under Global now they're under GP, however I don't think this change make it safer/better for support. Tekin is better in support now.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by linkless
This would be the case if the Rx pack needed to be adjacent to the ESC. That isn't the case so you have more flexibility in mounting the Tekin over the others. My CRC Gen-Xi has my first modern Tekin in it. I'm very happy with the performance and the fact I could put the battery/esc/servo all inline.
+1
Seems obvious.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
It seems like lots of Tekin users have issues with centimeters.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It seems like lots of Tekin users have issues with centimeters.
It is a popular ESC amongst the pan car crowd, where smaller, lighter components make a difference.
Plain and simple.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Some good points being made have to say...

Think Customer Service seems to have become the second Question really ...

Without wanting to upset the masses both Lrp and tekin from Australia are return to base support

To send anything back requires international mail and that just adds to the time in weeks for ether company

sure if LRP actually where based in States area there turn around time would be halved.

Think we need to keep that in prospective here..

As for the is LRP any good as a mod based ESC the answer is all down to driving style and tastes of how much you want to change settings

You do need to look at the world stage for that answer where LRP and SP are the kings in Mod TC and 12th scale with development being driven out of Europe and Asia where the current world champions are based

My 5c worth
Old 01-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ByteStream

In TC, I have plenty of room for any of these speedos, inluding a HobbyWing and speedo weight is a non factor cause I have to add about 30g of weight to meet class requirements.
The booster I use is no bigger than the capacitor...Since the LRP's capacitor is huge the difference is moot as the LRP capacitor = Tekin capacitor + booster. As for the Viper that uses 2 capacitors so again Viper 2 capacitors = Tekin capacitor + booster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.