R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Associated FT NTC3 Nitro to Electric (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/583583-associated-ft-ntc3-nitro-electric.html)

bigbadbronx2k12 01-03-2012 01:57 AM

Associated FT NTC3 Nitro to Electric

So, I'm bringing back the Yoke as my nitro ride, swiped the Roddy out of my FT NTC3 and was gonna part it out. Wait a minute.... I've always wanted an electric for indoor during our cruddy NYC winters. So before you say buy an electric, I already have a full roller in this car. Does anybody know of any bolt in kits to do this conversion for this car? Thanks!:)

AreCee 01-03-2012 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by bigbadbronx2k12 (Post 10116094)
So, I'm bringing back the Yoke as my nitro ride, swiped the Roddy out of my FT NTC3 and was gonna part it out. Wait a minute.... I've always wanted an electric for indoor during our cruddy NYC winters. So before you say buy an electric, I already have a full roller in this car. Does anybody know of any bolt in kits to do this conversion for this car? Thanks!:)

Nope, you're on your own for this one. Do yourself a big favor which will save you a ton of cash and time. Get a used TC4 which can be had for a lot less than paying a machinist to fabricate a motor mount (Usually $50 to ?? depending on what it comes with).

Rick Hohwart 01-03-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by bigbadbronx2k12 (Post 10116094)

Buy an electric car.

bigbadbronx2k12 01-03-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart (Post 10116519)
Buy an electric car.

Ok thanks fellas, guess I am on my own. :batman:I will make it work and for less than buying a TC4.

Serzoni 01-03-2012 01:26 PM

Considering you can get a decent used TC4 for under $100, I doubt that.

1. The TC4 will handle loads better than a cobbled-together conversion
2. A converted nitro touring car is wider than electric touring rules

Just sell the NTC3 and use that money to buy a used TC4 :nod:

hotrod87 01-03-2012 06:21 PM

Why be negative ? Get in there and get it done. Motor mount is easy probably get one off an old pan car.

TIZAO 01-03-2012 07:04 PM

Dont worry I am doing the same thing with one of my extra NTC3's.... just waiting for the weather to get better to get motivated! LOL!.... There are a couple of mounts that will work... if you are super cheap you can buy a nice L bracket at home depot or your choice hardware store.... then map out your holes drill and your almost done... find a place for your batteries.... techno makes a good batt mount iirc..... then cut out your seccond servo make that a reciever box and bam.... E converted NTC3

bigbadbronx2k12 01-03-2012 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 10119683)
Why be negative ? Get in there and get it done. Motor mount is easy probably get one off an old pan car.

Thank you! Lol

bigbadbronx2k12 01-03-2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by TIZAO (Post 10119893)
Dont worry I am doing the same thing with one of my extra NTC3's.... just waiting for the weather to get better to get motivated! LOL!.... There are a couple of mounts that will work... if you are super cheap you can buy a nice L bracket at home depot or your choice hardware store.... then map out your holes drill and your almost done... find a place for your batteries.... techno makes a good batt mount iirc..... then cut out your seccond servo make that a reciever box and bam.... E converted NTC3

That's exactly what I'm going to do.