HPI Sprint Flux 2 modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice cuda body!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks! I haven't been on this forum in a while and has been very busy with other projects. The 'Cuda was the originally intended to be the body for this project before I found the E30 M3. I'm selling the 'Cuda to a friend at work. I am trying to get a VTA series started since some of the other guys I work with are getting interested in the cars, and we can race on a fairly open concrete floor in a warehouse.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

I cannot believe you haven't many replys this is an excellent build I've book marked it and signed up to reply I'm getting a sprint next week and haven't many custom sprint jobs are the not that popular. I brought a sprint 2 sport with a warp / motiv esc is that enough power without Lipo.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up I like that chassis!

If you spank the boards with that chassis - the boards will know they've been spanked.

NICELY done!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by new2brushless
I cannot believe you haven't many replys this is an excellent build I've book marked it and signed up to reply I'm getting a sprint next week and haven't many custom sprint jobs are the not that popular. I brought a sprint 2 sport with a warp / motiv esc is that enough power without Lipo.
Thanks, new2brushless! After seeing there wasn't much interest in this car or thread, I haven't been on here often. I think it has to do with the age of the car and the market has has been flooded by better cars with many accessories and upgrade parts available.
I am still working on the car although it has taken the "back burner" status while I am working full time, restoring a 1979 Ford F-250, and building crawler projects. I have a Novak Ballistic 7.5 waiting to be installed, and I painted a 1966 Mustang GT body to go on it along with a new set of wheels and tires. Hopefully your interest will motivate me to finish the car!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marv
If you spank the boards with that chassis - the boards will know they've been spanked.

NICELY done!

Thanks Marv! You are quite right in your observation. I feel this is a unique car and it makes its presence known whenever I would take it out. I never raced it competitively, mostly improvised parking lot tracks and indoor drifting in a warehouse. It did get many people interested in r/c racing though!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

wow that is a work of art!!! Good job. You wouldnt happen to want to build a front motor chassis for me would ya

Last edited by twonb1; 07-25-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by twonb1
wow that is a work of art!!! Good job. You wouldnt happen to want to build a front motor chassis for me would ya
I have worked on other people's cars and made a few parts for them. The problem is the amount of time it takes me to build a chassis. I wouldn't mind doing it for you if you can be without your car for at least 3 months.
The next issue is that I am in the National Guard and deploying soon. I would be able to work on it overseas and I plan on taking all of my tools, parts and at least three of my projects with. If you're serious about having me build something for you, p.m. me and we can work out the specifics.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

incredible job on that chassis, and well everything else!, was that sheet of carbon composite expensive? don't recall if you mentioned that
Old 07-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by digitalsmithy
incredible job on that chassis, and well everything else!, was that sheet of carbon composite expensive? don't recall if you mentioned that
Thanks, digitalsmithy!
No, the sheet wasn't very expensive. It was around $50 if I remember correctly. Composite Envisions.com carries a good selection of carbon fiber pieces, sheets, and materiel. I would recommend a sheet at least 3-4mm thick if you're planning on using it for a chassis. The 2.5mm sheet that I purchased was to thin and not very rigid.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by new2brushless
Yes, this thread remained relatively untouched until recently. Thanks for your interest in my project, and I hope you have the Sprint 2 by now. I feel its a decent car and worth spending some time with to make it better. The mAh of the battery will determine your power. When I first bought my car I had a 3,600 mAh NiMh 6 cell and it ran fairly well, around 40mph. A friend has an older RS4 Pro 3 with a brushed motor and a 5,000 mAh Venom NiMh 6 cell and it does extremely well as far as speed and performance.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Nice build but why?
Whats the point with this mod?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callahan_88
Nice build but why?
Whats the point with this mod?
I guessing it's a "because I can" mod...

Originally Posted by tcanin00
I have been a member of this form for about 7 months now, and have been researching projects and gathering information as far chassis set ups, electronics, things of that nature. I would like to start an official (if allowed) thread on modded HPI Sprint cars for both bashing and actual racing. I have searched for something like that on here, and threads related to the Sprint tend to be VTA specific cars. I would like to see what other people are doing with their cars.
I've been driving and building cars for about two years now. I bought an HPI Sprint FLux 2 new about two years ago, and it was the first "real" r/c car that I have ever owned. I was fortunate to have an excellent place to drive the car on street with very little traffic. I ran the car in its stock form with the 1966 Mustang body and 4200 NiMh pack.
This was fun until I took it on vacation to see my sister and my niece and nephew. During that time, I decided to upgrade to LiPo with a Dynamite 3200mAh 25C 3S hard pack. The LiPo nearly doubled the car's speed. This proved catastrophic. Even though I had the Castle Link programming cable, I didn't fully understand the settings at the time. Long story short, I didn't set the LiPo cut off properly. The voltage cut shut down power while I was making a top end run with my nephew. I estimate the car was traveling at about 50 MPH when I lost control and struck a car parked on the street. I looked as though my car bounced off all four of the parked car's tires, hit a curb, hit a mail box post, and landed in the yard. It was on its wheels when we walked up to it, but it looked heavily damaged. And it was, both the upper and lower chassis were broken, the body was ruined, and everything that was attached with double sided tape was loose. Closer inspection revealed damage to the steering servo and ESC. At that point, what was left went into box and sat dormant for about a year.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Initiate

You're absolutely right, Marv. I built the car to be different. To be honest, the time invested in the roll cage was a complete loss as far functionality was concerned. It ruined the handling by making the center of gravity to high. It now resides on a shelf to prove what I am capable of.
I plan on making a fake roll cage out of ABS plastic and attaching it to an interior set. I need to finish my crawler projects and get this car back in action.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to bring up an old thread but inspiring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.