Wiki Posts
Search

Parma foam tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Any time. Although if you look at the race results you will see that the tires speak for themselves. By the way, JACO's are priced less than Parmas.
In retail terms, maybe, but when I look on the shelf at our local track, the parmas are a dollar cheaper per pair. Maybe the wholesale/retail margin is different which relates to lower shelf cost, but I've seen it at a few places.

I don't have an affiliation with either, and run a different tire, so just a neutral observation on my part.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

probably not the right thread, but its the most recent activity thread...has anyone tried the orion fresh kicks?? they are half the price of the jaco/parma.... is the performance half as good?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Since many of the people posting feel the need to compare Parma with JACO, I am certainly justified in coming to the defense of my product. Poor taste? If it was your company, perhaps you would feel different.
Nobody was disparaging your tires. Some claimed better wear, which can't really be verified. Other guys said you had a stiffer rim (a good thing right??), and it fit their car better (another good thing). You can't be upset if people actually write their opinions.

Hijacking the thread is imo lame.

Last edited by robk; 03-12-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gonzo416
do the parma fronts have stiffer foam ringon the outside of the tire like jaco double pink and orange
Yes. It's a slightly smaller ring than the orange ring on the Jacos, making the tires a little more aggressive.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I think everyone here has probably run several brands of tires and made their opinion either way. Every time I switch, I swear that the new one is faster. Then I go back to the other one and wonder why I ever switched in the first place. Now for my hijacking question. I don't remember the last time I broke an a-arm, but I SHATTER rims every weekend. Is this the downside of having stiffer rims or is it a new material?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
In retail terms, maybe, but when I look on the shelf at our local track, the parmas are a dollar cheaper per pair. Maybe the wholesale/retail margin is different which relates to lower shelf cost, but I've seen it at a few places.

I don't have an affiliation with either, and run a different tire, so just a neutral observation on my part.
Hey Brandon,

I know dealer cost for BOTH companies and I can tell you that Jaco's are cheaper to distributors. If dealers are selling them higher than Parmas then maybe it's the distributors that are not passing the savings onto the hobbyshops....but its not Jaco.

I know several guys that have quite using Parma's at my local track because you never know what size the orange is going to be on a front. Ive seen about 6 different sizes at the track and even 2 tires in the same package being different widths.

EA
Old 03-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

I run neither!!! Both jaco and parma rim are very unforgiven.. The foam is top notch on both brands, but i like to finish my race with the wheels intack... Unfortunately that leaves me with trc cyan and meginta.... Boy those ties hurt my wallet.. But they dont break.... I also with they would bring back the trc dished wheels and lose those spokes
Old 03-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Brandon,

I know dealer cost for BOTH companies and I can tell you that Jaco's are cheaper to distributors. If dealers are selling them higher than Parmas then maybe it's the distributors that are not passing the savings onto the hobbyshops....but its not Jaco.
OK, I was just stating what the sticker says on the shelf to guys who read the boards and buy each, could be just a decision by the owner, but anyhow.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robk
Nobody was disparaging your tires. Some claimed better wear, which can't really be verified. Other guys said you had a stiffer rim (a good thing right??), and it fit their car better (another good thing). You can't be upset if people actually write their opinions.

Hijacking the thread is imo lame.
Saying our tires separate from the rim easier or wear out quicker may not be disparaging, but it IS wrong. I stand behind my original post. Nothing has changed. If I was on here bashing Parma, THAT is lame.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

My experience with Jacos has been that they peel away on the outside of the tire more easily than Parmas. Jacos seem to be smoother but not as aggressive as Parmas, no doubt owing to the larger orange ring on the outside of the fronts.

I'd run Jaco's more often but for some reason they just won't fit on my 05. I bought a set of 2-stages to try out last weekend, and when I came back in from running the inside of the font tires had a groove in them from where they had been rubbing the camber link screw. The Jacos are not offest like the Parmas, which explains why they are tighter fitting, but other people seem to be able to get them to fit perfectly fine. I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

Josh
Old 03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im not bashing JACO because i dont have tons of experience with foams tires yet but they seem to run great on my T2 until i hit a thing or two then the rims get out of roundand run on the ball stud screws up top on the c hubs and rear hubs...i might try a set of Parmas and BSR's just to see what works best for me
Old 03-13-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

anyone try the Orion Freshkicks?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Jack, while you are on here, while at the snowbirds, a guy that works for you(I think it was chris) dissapeared with a one run set of Jacos to look at the inconsistency in the thickness of the inner layer. I bumped into him a few times, but never actually got the foams back...
Old 03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow 2006 champions

congratulations to jarrod langlois for picking up the 2006 roar stock sedan national title on parma tires. good things to come for parma this year.

yeah, yeah.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

This whole thread is lame....
seaball rules!!!
I just noticed my signature is lame...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.