R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-27-2004, 07:32 AM   #31
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

I have a great Idea why doesn't some one make there own stuff, go to school learn how to design, test, manufacture and distribute there own Electronics. I have a great idea for a charger that is software based and can fit into a CDROM size slot on in your computer case. It will have all the features of the Turbo 35 and will only be the size of a CD burner (if you opt for the external model). Since everything is powered by your CPU there is no need for a internal or expernal power supply, although you would have to upgrade your CPU's power supply (which cost a lot less than RC power supplys)and the software used to run it will be installed into your CPU so that free's up space for only the nesassary electronics. Now granted this won't be a charger you take to the track with you but for all the matchers and other RC junkies like my self it will bring a great level of ease. Amagin that you can save every packs data and numbers and get real comparsion of packs. If I had the talent or education I would make it, test it , manufacture it, & distibute it. Great ideas come and go but it is what people do with them that matters. I am looking into this type of charger. I only have a one problem I not educated enough. If someone wants to run with this Idea I implore them to consider keeping the cost down.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Don't forget to consider the price for packaging and advertising. Those four nuts for six dollars come in a plastic bag, propably sealed by hand, with nice color printed cardboard stapled on top. The nuts are advertised in color in no fewer than 3-4 seperate magazines.

Cost distribution for four nuts at 6 dollars all prices are estimated.
Nut manufacturer. $0.15 each, 0.60 each bag.
Plastic bag. $0.20 each bag.
Cardboard, punched and printed. $0.80 each bag.
Staples. $0.001 each bag.
Machines to count, package and seal the plastic bags 100,000.00 each. Lets say they make 1,000,000 bags before the machine dies. Then it's $0.10 each bag.
Manning the machine. $5,00 hour (cheap labor) 500 bags each hour. $0.01 each bag.

The list goes on and on.
Housing for the packaging machine and storage, shelves for storage.
Design for cardboard.
Packaging the bags into boxes for stock.
Removing bags from boxes for shipping.
Hobbyshop/mail order companys cut.

Think about this. It would only cost about half dollar more to have 8 nuts in the bag instead of four, almost all the other costs are independant of quantity.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote