R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Questions?? counter steer

Hi, I have 3Racing Sakura Zero S. I'm making a drift conversion... and I want counter steer, but I don't know what exactly I have to do.. I know I have to take out few teeth from the back diff or add to the front at the moment they are 38T(both)(stock)(and if you need to know I'm using 80Tspur/21Tpinion).. is that all I have to do? if it's not just that can you tell me what else? If you need to know what electronics I'm using ->2.4ghz HKGT2, 5.5T 6000kv(I have 9T 4300kv) and 60A ESC, 2s lipo.... Thank you!
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can also change the layshaft pullies up and down to help with more cs ratio. Should be an easy car to cs, you can get 40t diff pulley for the front and drop down to the 19t layshaft (on that side), and go up on the layshaft pulley for the rear, 22t is the biggest I think, then use a very heavy diff oil, or the spool diff in the rear.

To be honest I've never cs'd a car so a drift pro can probably confirm that for you. But I've considered getting the parts to swap between drift and race with my XI.
Supporting Aussie hobby shops:
- www.MRJRacing.com.au - - www.feralbatteries.com.au - - www.actionrc.com.au -
wollow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

I can't find much parts in UK so I'm kinda limited.... I can change the diffs for sure but not that sure for the layshafts ....and which diff for drifting at all I need to lock? the rear right? thanks
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah you want the rear diff to be much stiffer than the front. Lots of drivers put a spool in the back.

I would look on RC Mart and see if you can find some countersteer parts for the Sakura S.

Edit: Here is the page with the Front and Center pulleys on it. I think you under drive the front for counter steer drifting.

www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote