Search

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Espo
Ian!!! my main man!D.?
Tryin' to work out some details to make the trek. If I get to I hope to run stock and mod 12th scale since there's no WGT.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I understand your "class"...but Im a USVTA racer...and Ive cancelled Snowbirds 2 years in a row for not having it...but they had it this year and I was on the 1st thing smoking to go. Point is if an event doesnt offer a class...then dont go or find another class to race at that event.

The only reason I travel is for USVTA...PERIOD....No VTA, No Battman...simple and no hard feelings....cause their are plenty events that do run USVTA and are happy to take me and my $$$$.

Have fun and go, run another class and still bring your WGT car and promo it to the locals...you might get things going for WGT there
Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Not sure about the spare parts? All I was saying is that there are a lot of people who have been around and know what needs to be done to put a race on.

Tell Ian to lend you a 1/12 car and come out. I'm sure he has more than one
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
I don't think anything has to be. they have 6 classes listed ant the recent carpet nats had 7.
Not picking at ya but curious with 7 classes how many hours in a day did they run from the very first heat to the very last? Just curious not trying to be a dick. Cause as it was stated Carpet is indoors and sun isn't a huge deal. Outdoor it can be an issue.

I am personally planning on running two TC classes and a 12th scale. Its gonna be a long day for sure.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Wouldn't total number of entries(dictating the total number of heats) be what determines how long the race day will be?

Number of classes would be irrelevant.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by locked
Wouldn't total number of entries(dictating the total number of heats) be what determines how long the race day will be?

I agree. All I know is that I need to be back at work on Monday. If that happens the rest is all good.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Hey Darkside: My only reason to question this is that WGT is a ROAR on road class as of right now. If it were not there would be no argument. Also the Nationals are a traveling show and opportunities are limited to me as be able and make the race. I race at them when they are close enough.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
Not sure about the spare parts? All I was saying is that there are a lot of people who have been around and know what needs to be done to put a race on.

Tell Ian to lend you a 1/12 car and come out. I'm sure he has more than one
I am going to work on that as I really do want to attend this race. It won't be Ian but from one of the locals.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

By the way, I think Ian and possibly his dad would run WGT as would I and at least one other from The Gate (who is already going to run 1/12 scale). There are possibly more once this gets discussed at our next race.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
WGT is a 1/10, 200mm wide pan car. It runs on spec foam tires, 13.5 motor, a 1 cell and a limited list of bodies that run in GT series around the world. The four currently bodies represent Corvette, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Alpha Romeo. Overall track lap times are very similar to 17.5 1/12 and TC. Several major manufacturers make chassis kits for this class. The CRC Gen-X being one of the most popular but Associated, BMI, Corrally and X-Ray are players too.
Originally Posted by robk
WGT
2011 paved nationals: 8 cars
2010 paved nationals: 8 cars
2009 paved nationals: not run

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=315

It's more of a carpet class. Personally, i was hoping F1 might be run, but really, it's not real big around here either. Unfortunately, not everything is worth the cost in time and effort.

I run a carpet track in Nashville Tennessee Thunder RC Raceway. and in the 3 years I have run the track we have NEVER had a 10th scale pan car class club race, WGT included. The only exception would be the vintage onroad national in 2010 and we had 3 235 6 cell mod pan cars running. It's the only 10th scale pan cars racing in the 8 year history of the track for an event that the track only "supplied" the location.
I think it's more of a regional carpet track only thing. Associated stopped production of the 10R5 due to low demand and RC America last time I heard had only sold 5 WGT kits to hobby shops in the states or something like that. Trust me it was sort of stupid low number. Now I know CRC and Speed Merchant sell them pretty good but I don't know the numbers. Support nationally isn't as big as you are trying to make it out to be OLD dude.
As for Ian and Joe they were the only WGT cars at the grand slam race at Indy on the carpet back in January and the Gate is pretty much their home track. With Indy only being a couple hours from the pave nats track I don't see support for the class even on carpet regionally. And as for the track HAVING to run a roar onroad class Mod 12th scale did not run last year in Jackson at the 2011 pavement nats. And it's a ifmar qualifying class.

Just my $1.99 adjusted for inflation.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked

If you have a bunch of 5 or 6 car classes, it adds time to the day.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

My 2 cents is if you can get 20 or 30 it would be cool but just like rob said if you cant fill a heat at a national event why run it.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

There is also different types of racers, WGT and VTA seem to draw the less serious racers, ones not willing to take half week off of work and drop the $ to race a national event, at least at the outdoor level. We could have easily had 30 vta cars based on the racers in the area at last years nats, but most of them fit into this category and we ended up having those of us that just wanted a 2nd class to pass some time.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

USVTA is just another TC class .WGT is a ROAR reconized class I thought?Aren't there enough TC type classes already!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Flash forward to when this is over and the VTA entry list will have had over 8 entries... this whole discussion will have been a moot point.

And thank you to Leisure, both for hosting and for picking the two classes they did. On my end, it's all good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.