Wiki Posts
Search

wanna get a new car

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default wanna get a new car

thinking of getting one...
which one is the hottest and one of the newest??
Old 06-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Joe
Tech Regular

My favorites:
Xray T1
Atlas YM-34 type T
Corally C4.1
Schumacher Mission
Tamiya TRF414M2
Old 06-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

in my humble opinion(s)...

the xray is top notch, but you'll pay.

the atlas is great design, using sidexside packs and super low cg, hinge pin suspension, but NO DROOP SCREWS! come on.

corally is an xray, minus a few details, namely front antisquat, integrated servo saver, and blade cvd's. used xrays sell for 200+ for just the car. you could get a corally and enough spares to run for 10 years for that, and it's negligeably different. new is another story though.

the mission is solid through and through. schumacher doesn't make junk. the drivetrain is brilliant. the drivetrain, axels, suspension have little or no slop. accomodates sidexside packs and the schuie forum is top notch for this car.

the tamiya is beautiful, expensive, and still has a hingepin suspension. i'm partial to some type of pivot ball. it's solid as any though, with some of the best shocks around.

all beauty aside, i'd pick the shumacher. i have a 99 pro and i love shumacher's ideas. i am, however, getting a corally with well...enough spares for 10 years. so i'm partial to that too. i haven't heard great things about the serpent shocks that the corally has though. well those are my opinions.

i hope i helped.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

the driver jus won the world championship with this car tamiya 414m2...

now tamiya is coming up with a replica of his changes and setup to the original 414m2

this website should provide u with the info on this car tamiya 414m2 world champion replica chassis

http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...4m_wcr_pre.htm
Old 06-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Regional Moderator

bigbutstupid: Pick one that looks good to you and go with it. There really isn't a big enough difference in performance to make it a really hard decision.

seaball: since the corally was there first, then the xray would be a corally with a few exta details! But, thats just nitpicking.

I would say hold off on the Corally because many expect a new car from them soon. And the Xray doesn't quite have that same luster that it had when it first came out. Something about it not handling as good as it looks. Either way, if you can get one used, make sure its a good deal. My calls, in no particular order:

XXX-S
FT TC3
Mission
YOK Special
Plus a bunch of others that you really can't go wrong with.....
Old 06-15-2002, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

I would look at the Losi, Tamiya, or Mission.

Yokomo is still kinda up in the air whether or not they will have a new car by the end of the year.

Josh
Old 06-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You really cannot go wrong with any of the cars that people have suggested. I prefer the Mission as they are tough as nails and very fast...and the Schumacher USA guys really support thier product, Adrian and Paul are on this board with suggestions and help all the time.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have been running a XXX-S for about 1 month now and I have to say I am having great success with it. The parts seem to go together easily and it is easy to get going and do well with. Some say the TC3 is faster but I really haven't noticed that. I am right up there with them and do quite well against them considering I am still a newbie on the track. The only issues I see with the vehicle is that right away you should buy the BRP bumper. This will seriously help you protect the front hub carriers since they break alittle too easy from hits to my liking. Since I got the bumper, no problems. as for the rear carriers i only broke one and haven't had a problem since. All in all the vehicle is really a blast to drive.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

i don't remember a losi or associated product as part of the list!

nah, just kidding. they're both really logical. i've found the tc3 to be a bit frigile when it comes to suspension parts. a friends losi breaks some too. but parts support is generous in the states.

darkseid - you are correct sir. i should've written it that way in respect for corally. i don't understand how that copy could've been legal, but whatever. i've heard the same about the xray. i wonder if the c4.1 handles as poorly, or is as finikey (sp) with the setup? we'll see.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

RCLAB 7even Evo1

Nuff said!
Old 06-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

i just got an evo II, it's not even together yet, but i may sell as i just bought a lap counter. any offers to

[email protected]
Old 06-16-2002, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

ooops! sonnet, was that the lap counter you had interest in? i think it's sold... to me. i gotta try it out. who knows maybe i'll send it your way in few weeks.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular