Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya on road racing tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya on road racing tires

Hello guys, I am opening this thread to ask for some information on Tamiya on road tires.
Down here in Brazil we have the superstock category on our club, we used handout tires and we now have the chance of getting Tamiya Brasil as our partner on supplying the tires.
The question is, have some of you used Tamiya tires on on road racing and which type have you used so we can try to do something down here with them.
We need specifications on tires and insert hardness.
Thanks a lot.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

hi, i like using tamiya tires, as thats what we have to use for tcs races, the type a are very grippy used with a medium or soft insert, and the type b is for less grip, used with hard insert, if you have a high traction surface, the type b are better, for less traction surface type a, as they heat up quickly and lose their traction quickly as well, as the wear down faster hope this helps, also someone told me that tamiya tires are made by sorex, maybe some of those guys can chime in
Old 12-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You need to test the tyre A & B with all 3 inserts at your track to be sure, but imo the B's with the soft insert were the ticket. I never got the A's to work as good as the B's no matter how cold it got on ashpalt (low to medium grip sugared tracks). Imo the tamiya inserts are way to thick and firm to yield good grip. To compare a Type B - soft insert to Sorex 36 - C medium insert tire, the Sorex just kills it hands down... But if you have to run a Tamiya tire, then for my money it's the B with soft insert (blue) everytime.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Here in Tamiya head quarters in California we use the Tamiya Type B3's for meduim to hot weather and Tamiya Type A's in cold weather. I never use the Tamiya Type B's only always the B3's
Old 12-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

during the TAC qualifiers here we use B3 tires with medium or soft medium-narrow inserts for asphalt. on carpet with use Type-C tires with medium or soft inserts as well... hths.