Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 touring car >

1/10 touring car

1/10 touring car

Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/10 touring car

new to on road, what is the better make of kit to buy.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Xray T4.

But... there are many others, everybody has his favorites. And to be honest all are good enough unless you want to win the World championship or so.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Serpent Eryx excellent !! strong car...
Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya 419x is the best car but its expensive.
I'm going with a good old TC4 Club racer myself because I don't go to serious races anymore.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Luckily there is no such thing as the best car. I'd never trust anyone who claims there is. They all have their strengths and their weaknesses, and asking questions like this will give you 14 different answers from a dozen people, who usually just name the car they currently drive, (many of whom may have never even driven another car), or just go on about what they read in the 10 or so threads for this question.

The current cars of companies like Yokomo, Xray, Awesomatix, VBC, Tamiya and quite a few more manufacturers, are all excellent but slightly different from each other. To really figure out which one fits best to your driving style, you'd need to drive and thoroughly test all of them. So choose one of these cars based on what is popular on your track (help with setups and spar parts if needed) and supported by your LHS.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
Luckily there is no such thing as the best car. I'd never trust anyone who claims there is. They all have their strengths and their weaknesses, and asking questions like this will give you 14 different answers from a dozen people, who usually just name the car they currently drive, (many of whom may have never even driven another car), or just go on about what they read in the 10 or so threads for this question.

The current cars of companies like Yokomo, Xray, Awesomatix, VBC, Tamiya and quite a few more manufacturers, are all excellent but slightly different from each other. To really figure out which one fits best to your driving style, you'd need to drive and thoroughly test all of them. So choose one of these cars based on what is popular on your track (help with setups and spar parts if needed) and supported by your LHS.
+1
Old 05-18-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

What ever car is popular where you intend to race. Makes it easier to get setup help and parts support.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmag5000
Tamiya 419x is the best car but its expensive.
I'm going with a good old TC4 Club racer myself because I don't go to serious races anymore.
lol. Really? Sigh.

+1
Old 05-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byronf1
Serpent Eryx excellent !! strong car...
Very strong car! I know! Lol
Old 05-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

+1

There is no fastest car, and if there is, it isn't the 419.

I run Awesomatix cars and have never been faster and I've run most makes, but thats just me and everyones different. If you're new to tc, go with whatever is most popular locally to you. They can give you setup help and get you in the right ball park.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a A-E TC4. Great car. I'm not saying it's the best but it's definitely not the worst.
I like the ARC the best , judging from what I read and pics here at Rctech. ARC would be the one if I was to buy another TC.
Also , remember , if you're going to race you're going to need parts. If parts aren't readily available even the most expensive car well seem like a piece of sh**.