T.O.P. PHOTON EX >

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Old 04-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zephuros
Guess it's Yok for me then. Do the TOP blades work ok with the Yok or do. Need to get the white ones?
i have been using yok diffs in all the ex's i have from day one & had no leaks from any of them
yes you will need the yok blades , the white blades last longer than the black ones but the will wear the out drives quicker than the black ones, so i comes down to what you want to replace more often, also depends on what class you run in, more power quicker wear
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Professor,

Looks like I'll stick to the black ones then. Blades are cheaper than out drives lol! I run 13.5 boosted and 17.5 zero timing. And yes the wear rate is significantly higher on the 13.5. I've tried TOP's hardened grey out drives as well buy they too aren't as durable as I'd like. With AOC around the corner I've been running the EX a lot and the wear is shocking. Everything else on the EX seems to last it's only the out drives that are a constant gripe.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Professor
i have been using yok diffs in all the ex's i have from day one & had no leaks from any of them
yes you will need the yok blades , the white blades last longer than the black ones but the will wear the out drives quicker than the black ones, so i comes down to what you want to replace more often, also depends on what class you run in, more power quicker wear
I have gone to A Main and order the diff for both my cars. But I didn't see the black blades. I saw the white ones ware you get four of the white ones. Am I missing them. Is it me or the black blades from the TOP will not work on the Yok? Are you only running the Yok diff oil you get with the diff?

Thank you
Old 04-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I just got an T O P Evolution. I am trying to find a manual so I can mount servo and elect. I do have a T O P photon but I know nothing about the Evo. Can any one help with a web site or info? Thanks
Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayne breault
I just got an T O P Evolution. I am trying to find a manual so I can mount servo and elect. I do have a T O P photon but I know nothing about the Evo. Can any one help with a web site or info? Thanks
TOP never made a EVO, I'm pretty sure that was a aftermarket car with the allowance to run TOP drivetrain, suspension and plastics.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yogii
I have gone to A Main and order the diff for both my cars. But I didn't see the black blades. I saw the white ones ware you get four of the white ones. Am I missing them. Is it me or the black blades from the TOP will not work on the Yok? Are you only running the Yok diff oil you get with the diff?

Thank you
Been a while since I brought a complete new diff but I thought that you got 2 new black blades with a new diff
Old 04-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
TOP never made a EVO, I'm pretty sure that was a aftermarket car with the allowance to run TOP drivetrain, suspension and plastics.
Yep ... Josh Cyrul's business CEFX made the Evolution.
Just a bear chassis to which you could add Tamiya and TOP drive train and suspension.
Not sure if CEFX is still around.
Maybe google an Evolution manual?

Last edited by mazmo; 04-19-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mazmo
Yep ... Josh Cyrul's budiness CEFX made the Evolution.
Just a bear chassis to which you could add Tamiya and TOP drive train and suspension.
Not sure if CEFX is still around.
Maybe google an Evolution manual?
the cefx evo was based on the photon (not photon ex) platform...
Old 04-19-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Professor
Been a while since I brought a complete new diff but I thought that you got 2 new black blades with a new diff
No they come with the white ones. I love my original TOP. I'm sure it will take it sometime to wear the out-drive. One of the guys that I know actually told me also about the yok diff. He didn't go into specifics, this guy has also been racing for quite sometime. He runs X-ray (sorry to high of a price tag). I have never understood the mixing of parts on a car, and have always tried to purchase the manufactures parts. But after looking at both diffs I'm not so sure. One has plastic gears the other steel gears. I'm thinking that the steel gears when oil flows between them, that could create a pressure area, forcing the plastic to stretch, that could be the reason for the diff to leak. The nylon gears on the other hand will give a little. My question would be, do they crack or melt after a period of running? But then like anything else you should be servicing it. That's why I asked if anyone else had run thicker oil in it. Or tried to run the yok diff in front. I have another friend that has been racing on road cars for along time. Mainly nitro, that's ware I began, with the track gone. Had to switch it up. Sorry getting away from what I want to say. He runs a Capricorn car, I don't think it's that great of a car I had own a Capricorn LABC-801, I believe that the Serpent is a much better car. Any ways, his 1/10 scale Capricorn came with gear diffs the second time out with the car he had melted the rear diff on it.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

can anybody tell me if the Photon EX comes with the version 2 shocks in the kit.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Condor Speed
can anybody tell me if the Photon EX comes with the version 2 shocks in the kit.
Yes it does. The main difference between the V1 and V2 shocks are the teflon o-ring guides

http://www.apexhobbies.com/Shock-Tef...pcs_p_116.html
Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any news on updated EX? T.O.P. `s website is very quiet......
Old 05-07-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Won't be until 3rd quater of this year I think.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

My kit comes with v2 steering block and v2 rear c-hub. Do i need castercblock 4 v2 to use the new double join shaft?
Old 05-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b.wihardja
My kit comes with v2 steering block and v2 rear c-hub. Do i need castercblock 4 v2 to use the new double join shaft?
The v2 castor block has a larger opening for the TOP universal. You may be able to take a Dremel to the old ones and make them work. But that will weaken them. I use the V2 castor blocks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.