T.O.P. PHOTON EX >

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b20btec
I'm not sure if you know or not but you can run a yokomo gear diff. You will need to shim it. Not knocking on the photon diff but it runs fluid like a two year old with a runny nose.

I read back a page or two and realize that you like ball diffs. You should give gear diffs another shot if you haven't already and adjust accordingly. You're running asphalt with low traction you can go lighter oil. I also don't use top springs, I use the Rides haras and pro match on carpet and asphalt. I own a ex and standard photons that I run locally once in awhile for tc and usgt class.
Just to make sure, I have the Photon not the EX. If you have a part number and place to get it I will try it. I purchased the EX and it will not work. Not that I can figure it out.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mazmo
6 deg caster block (2.0 deg with 4 deg caster block)
I'm not sure ware to get the 2.0 deg with 4 deg caster block. can you explain ware I get the 2.0 deg. Thank you. This Friday I have racing again. I hope I can get the car to have a little more grip.
Another question when you pull on the trigger and the car pulls, isn't that usually something hanging up on the side it go's to?
Thanks guys
Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yogii,

You can get the Yokomo diff at AMain:
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...al-Unithttp://

And the shims:
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...el-Shim-Kit-30

You also might want to order these shims:
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...et-005-01-02mm
These are for the center gear.

It's been a while since I raced the Photon but I used these shims to center the belts with the Yokomo.

Also since you live in Las Vegas try to keep Oct 13-18 open. The IIC race will held at the Riveria and OD and EJ Evans usually attend the race.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yogii
Just to make sure, I have the Photon not the EX. If you have a part number and place to get it I will try it. I purchased the EX and it will not work. Not that I can figure it out.
I have a spec r yokomo gear diff in my standard photon and a yokom bd-500gs gear diff on my ex. Yokomo gear diff can be purchased from amain in the states or if you opt for the spec r version tqrcracing reflexracingdynamics, banzai, rc market, rcmart. You will need to buy shim, they come in a package of various sizes. When I get home from work I can check for you.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

I'm not sure ware to get the 2.0 deg with 4 deg caster block. can you explain ware I get the 2.0 deg. Thank you. This Friday I have racing again. I hope I can get the car to have a little more grip.
Another question when you pull on the trigger and the car pulls, isn't that usually something hanging up on the side it go's to?
Thanks guys
I'm going to assume the car is pulling left or right? Is is consistent to one side?
Make sure nothing is binding by checking your suspension, belts, and pinions. Not sure if you own a setup station and board. It's the best investment for onroad. You could have a bunch of things going on there that's causing this.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by b20btec
I'm going to assume the car is pulling left or right? Is is consistent to one side?
Make sure nothing is binding by checking your suspension, belts, and pinions. Not sure if you own a setup station and board. It's the best investment for onroad. You could have a bunch of things going on there that's causing this.
Yes i own the huddy set board along with the tweik set-up. I know my street is kind a slopes to both sides. But I can't tell if it because street or something hanging on 1 side. Sometimes it pules in opposite direction. I can't tell enough from driving on street. I hate not having a track to test car during the week prior to race.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can anybody tell me if the differentials front and rear from the Photon EX will fit the standard Photon? also will the yoKomo bd7 or Spec R front differential will fit on the standard Photon?

Last edited by Condor Speed; 04-10-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Condor Speed
Can anybody tell me if the differentials front and rear from the Photon EX will fit the regular Photon?
Yes!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Can anybody tell me if the differentials front and rear from the Photon EX will fit the standard Photon? also will the yoKomo bd7 or Spec R front differential will fit on the standard Photon?
Look at 1411, No it will not line up. I'm not sure were some of this guys get there information. Other then to make people waste there money. THE PHOTON EX DIFF WILL NOT WOK ON THE STANDARD PHOTON! i just purchased one, that I do not know what to do with. I can sell it to you Ship $25.00. If you don't believe me. If you want to try the yoKomo bd7, let me know if it works. On the Standard Photon. Thank you
Old 04-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Look at 1411, No it will not line up. I'm not sure were some of this guys get there information. Other then to make people waste there money. THE PHOTON EX DIFF WILL NOT WOK ON THE STANDARD PHOTON! i just purchased one, that I do not know what to do with. I can sell it to you Ship $25.00. If you don't believe me. If you want to try the yoKomo bd7, let me know if it works. On the Standard Photon. Thank you
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info.
Here you go, yok and spec r diff.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

[QUill btec;13173130]I have a spec r yokomo gear diff in my standard photon and a yokom bd-500gs gear diff on my ex. Yokomo gear diff can be purchased from amain in the states or if you opt for the spec r version tqrcracing reflexracingdynamics, banzai, rc market, rcmart. You will need to buy shim, they come in a package of various sizes. When I get home from work I can check for you.[/QUOTE]

is this the one that you have and also will it work in the front and rear ?http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1749
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

[QUill btec;13173130]I have a spec r yokomo gear diff in my standard photon and a yokom bd-500gs gear diff on my ex. Yokomo gear diff can be purchased from amain in the states or if you opt for the spec r version tqrcracing reflexracingdynamics, banzai, rc market, rcmart. You will need to buy shim, they come in a package of various sizes. When I get home from work I can check for you.
is this the one that you have and also will it work in the front and rear ?http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1749[/QUOTE]

That will work, just make sure you pick up some shims as stated above.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation Guess I'm too lazy to sell the Photons

Well IDK guys......I have run both the original Photon, the EX, mixed and matched Ball Diffs, gear Diffs, a Roche Spool for a BD-5 in both Cars with little setup/fitment issues........ I've also moved on to a VBC D06
Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by el salvador
Well IDK guys......I have run both the original Photon, the EX, mixed and matched Ball Diffs, gear Diffs, a Roche Spool for a BD-5 in both Cars with little setup/fitment issues........ I've also moved on to a VBC D06
I'm in the same boat. Just converted the ex for usgt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.