Search
Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Typeone
Correct it's prob not 7075 aluminum prob something cheaper cause the cost of the Sabre S4 is $290 and the Ex v2 is like $370 or something like that.
As of now there are no plans to release the Sabre in the US. Unless there seems to be interest in a "Cheaper" car. After speaking with OD. They MIGHT bring in a couple kits just to see what they're like.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the aluminum belt pulleys and when I installed it I had a lot of side to side play how much do I have to shim it from the slop in there?
The teeth on the aluminum pulleys wear out and then the belt slips and fail. I have wore out 3 of them. I went back to plastic.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OldLosiRacer
The teeth on the aluminum pulleys wear out and then the belt slips and fail. I have wore out 3 of them. I went back to plastic.
Is the teeth on the aluminum pulley just a cheap aluminum and the plastic wouldn't it wrap over time. A lot of manufactures run aluminum pulleys i.e. Tamiya, yokomo.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Is the teeth on the aluminum pulley just a cheap aluminum and the plastic wouldn't it wrap over time. A lot of manufactures run aluminum pulleys i.e. Tamiya, yokomo.
i have always run the plastic pulley with no issues
Old 12-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have also always ran plastic. I have seen the aluminum ones work for years though. But they were ran in stock. I have also killed a few plastic ones running mod, by not having the belt tight enough, or having a little rock get in there when running asphalt. Both work just fine. Both will fail eventually.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

just got one of these for xmas. was looking for a good setup for mod on a large technical med-high bite carpet . I'm using sweep QTS 32 tires and SXT 3.0 tire sauce. any help would be great.

on another note I looked up the topracingusa.com website. whats the deal are they no more?? or is there a new site. as the current one is so out of date and not very helpful at all.

where can I get the new ex arm mount set I see on the japan site? they look like the traditional Tamiya style mounts and I would like to get the top dcj's but I cannot find them anywhere??
Old 12-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

There is a Wiki page that has some good set ups. Yes the TOP page is really really out dated. I believe a few people tried the arm mounts on the EX and were not thrilled. As for the the DJS, Dave E and Troy Mckune are distributing parts now, as well as TZ. I just sent Dave a message. If he cant get them Just shoot me a PM. PS SOAK YOUR DIFF O-RINGS IN WD-40
Old 12-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

ill talk to Dave this weekend then at the track if he is there. I wasn't sure that TZ was doing the top products anymore as I thought they all switched to bringing in the VBC products but who knows. so in terms of a top racing usa that is up in the air???
Old 12-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
ill talk to Dave this weekend then at the track if he is there. I wasn't sure that TZ was doing the top products anymore as I thought they all switched to bringing in the VBC products but who knows. so in terms of a top racing usa that is up in the air???
No not by any means. Just need a little updating on their webpage. Check out Troy and Daves website they have a bunch of TOP parts. http://www.emrfactory.com/store/

Mark should also be able to get you what ever you need along with good starting point on a set up! If they cant Just shoot me a PM
Old 12-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

looked at the link you gave and there are zero top photon parts on there. but also my laptop for some reason wont allow me to pm people??? so consider this a pm to you. I can reply to pm's I receive so send me a good setup . I race at the hanger up in Seattle.seattlercracers.com
Old 12-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I'm not able to PM either. The site has been weird lately. Shoot me email, I can get you the parts your looking for.

Last edited by Mr.A Morris; 12-30-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody got a timeframe on the new TOP 10th scale touring car? I herd December but that came and went. I'm ready for a change!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Took my ex out for the first time this last sat and with some bad luck quals I ended up qualifying 3rd in the B for mod tc and I won that and bumped to the A . in the A main I was starting 8th and made it all the way up to 3rd but on the last lap I made a mistake and I finished 4th. In the A main. Not bad for being rusty and not running mod tc or any on road since last season. Still needs some tweaking on the setup but I'm liking the car thus far
Just wondering why so many have jumped away from the top cars???
Old 01-01-2014, 07:30 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Took my ex out for the first time this last sat and with some bad luck quals I ended up qualifying 3rd in the B for mod tc and I won that and bumped to the A . in the A main I was starting 8th and made it all the way up to 3rd but on the last lap I made a mistake and I finished 4th. In the A main. Not bad for being rusty and not running mod tc or any on road since last season. Still needs some tweaking on the setup but I'm liking the car thus far
we talked about this before ..I just perfer the older photon..
Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I didn't jump away as much as i just gave up racing. Donny talked me back into it, I had the Old shuies laying around and built a VTA car. when i decided to get a new chassis the one i have now was suggest to try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.