R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #1021
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,754
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
What's up with the heavy weight oil and full rebound. What do you feel this is gaining?
Well the only reason I did it was because what I was doing before was not working my car wasnt great.

The first race I ran it like this was the Classic and since then my car has been awesome.

I'm sticking with this method simply because the car feels better this way.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #1022
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,339
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Well the only reason I did it was because what I was doing before was not working my car wasnt great.

The first race I ran it like this was the Classic and since then my car has been awesome.

I'm sticking with this method simply because the car feels better this way.
This past weekend we had crazy grip at Horsham. There was a good crowd of 25+ racers driving grip very high. At the end of racing while walking the track the carpet would come up on Your shoes because of grip.

Larry's current setup feels like his prior photon setup. The car somewhat floats on the carpet and thus has mad steering and corner speed. I tried driving it right after he did the fastest lap of the night. It was very different than mine.. And I couldnt muster the times he was doing, but basically got to my hot lap.

My car on the other hand was easy to drive but 0.3-0.4s slower on hot lap no matter who drove it. I'm leaving my current car alone and putting Larry's setup on my second car for this Saturday. If find anything to add to his setup to make it easier to drive without much cost of hot lap I'll post up.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #1023
Tech Adept
 
*SBH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
This past weekend we had crazy grip at Horsham. There was a good crowd of 25+ racers driving grip very high. At the end of racing while walking the track the carpet would come up on Your shoes because of grip.

Larry's current setup feels like his prior photon setup. The car somewhat floats on the carpet and thus has mad steering and corner speed. I tried driving it right after he did the fastest lap of the night. It was very different than mine.. And I couldnt muster the times he was doing, but basically got to my hot lap.

My car on the other hand was easy to drive but 0.3-0.4s slower on hot lap no matter who drove it. I'm leaving my current car alone and putting Larry's setup on my second car for this Saturday. If find anything to add to his setup to make it easier to drive without much cost of hot lap I'll post up.
Hi Mike
Could You please put the setup from Larry on Your wiki? I can only get it as a photo from the forum.
Thanks
*SBH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #1024
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,339
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Larry -- u know what to do. Pls post the PDF
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #1025
Tech Addict
 
Johnny Than's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston Tx.
Posts: 654
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Thanks Johnny,

For the TC 6 spool, is any modification required to fit into EX?
Also is the TC 6 spool 40 tooth?
There's no modification required at all. Just have enough shims for proper side to side play. And yes it's 40t like the Top. (slipper spool works great too)
Johnny Than is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #1026
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,066
Default

Thanks Johnny, good to know.

I just wish TOP would release their own DCJs, I don't want to spend time, money and energy trying to adapt something from another brand. Seriously could they get their priorities straight ? Releasing their super fancy servo mount when some manufacturers have had their dcjs released for more than a year, if not two. Come on.
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #1027
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Than View Post
There's no modification required at all. Just have enough shims for proper side to side play. And yes it's 40t like the Top. (slipper spool works great too)
Thats great, easy mod. Thanks Johnny ... TC 6 spool now on my shopping list, at least we have a DJC option until TOP eventually release one
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1028
Shop Owner
 
nnick's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cheapest prices in Europe ;)
Posts: 1,332
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Thanks Johnny, good to know.

I just wish TOP would release their own DCJs, I don't want to spend time, money and energy trying to adapt something from another brand. Seriously could they get their priorities straight ? Releasing their super fancy servo mount when some manufacturers have had their dcjs released for more than a year, if not two. Come on.
They are, it's under testing now, don't know release date though.

I use 3racing dcj. Only modification needed was filling c-hub a bit.
__________________
Nikolakopoulos Nick
RC RING

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #1029
Tech Adept
 
*SBH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Larry -- u know what to do. Pls post the PDF
Hi Mike
I think Arnaud at petitrc took care of it

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/top/...1117/setup.pdf
*SBH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #1030
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
They are, it's under testing now, don't know release date though.

I use 3racing dcj. Only modification needed was filling c-hub a bit.
Tahnks for the input. Do you happen to have pictures? The part numbers would be nice as well...
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #1031
Shop Owner
 
nnick's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cheapest prices in Europe ;)
Posts: 1,332
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick
Default

Here it is
http://os.3racing.hk/articles.php?articles_key=143

pictures I'll ask from Dimitri to post them as he did the modification
__________________
Nikolakopoulos Nick
RC RING

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #1032
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,516
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Ok Here is the setup I ran last week. Its almost exactly the same as the one I ran at the classic but the arm mounts are .5mm lower on this setup sheet.

I think the car is better this way right now.

I'm running full rebound in the shocks. NO holes in the caps. I filled up the shock and let the air bleed then just pushed the bladder on with the shaft fully extended. And put the cap on.

Battery is all the way in.
thanks..
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #1033
Tech Adept
 
Mitropoulos Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Tahnks for the input. Do you happen to have pictures? The part numbers would be nice as well...
Here are some pics:












__________________
Dimitris Mitropoulos

rcdim.blogspot.gr
www.the-painter.gr
Mitropoulos Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #1034
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,066
Default

Thank you !
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #1035
Tech Adept
 
Mitropoulos Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 125
Default




Here are some more pictures of my car with the latest updates:

As seen above, front DCJs from 3Racing.
They are a little bit short, so I had to add 0.6mm shims
on each side between the spool and the spool outdrives





Second upgrade was the suspension mounts and aluminum inserts.
The inserts hole is not in the middle but has a 0.2 difference,
so its a 0.2 roll center change up or down.
The suspension mounts are low,medium and high and they are
different by 1mm each.

http://eshop.rcring.eu/index.asp?pag...ct&prodid=4597





Third upgrade was the battery holders.
Inspired by awesomatix, I made myself two battery holders,
so as not to have to use this awfull tape which also tweaks the car!
I used two "foam posts" to test, and they work very well,
so I am going to purchace aluminum ones.
I also made these carbon pieces myself.
Its easy if you have a broken chassis of an old car...

http://eshop.rcring.eu/index.asp?pag...ct&prodid=4577







Last but not least is the muchmore led light .
It is really helpfull, I wouldn't beleive it if I had not used it!

http://eshop.rcring.eu/index.asp?pag...ct&prodid=3655

__________________
Dimitris Mitropoulos

rcdim.blogspot.gr
www.the-painter.gr
Mitropoulos Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9055 02-23-2017 03:26 PM
T.O.P. Photon Mr Merc 916 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-18-2010 08:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net