R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2012, 04:59 AM   #646
Tech Initiate
 
mario_vk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Stick w/ the spool.
Post your setup - including tire, tire prep, and track surface. We should be able to get you pointed in the right direction.
Oh, I'm sorry.

Basicly, my setup is the "standard" given by TOP--> http://www.top-racing.jp/Eng+JP/Inde...td%20setup.pdf
Only a few variations:
OIL WEIGHT: 50wt/40wt (F/R)
Shocks with about 75% rebound.

Used tires: Nosram VTEC 30R (controlled tire). Tire tweak additive (Full F/R)
Surface: Asphalt, medium grip. Medium-long track layout with a low speed technical zone.

I tried with softer front spring, shorter front axle (wheelbase), lifting rear shocks & falling front shocks, shorter front width, 2000cst silicone in rear gear diff........
nothing was succesfully.

B.R
Mario.

P.D: Congratulations for your very useful wiki
mario_vk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #647
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,537
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_vk View Post
Oh, I'm sorry.

Basicly, my setup is the "standard" given by TOP--> http://www.top-racing.jp/Eng+JP/Inde...td%20setup.pdf
Only a few variations:
OIL WEIGHT: 50wt/40wt (F/R)
Shocks with about 75% rebound.

Used tires: Nosram VTEC 30R (controlled tire). Tire tweak additive (Full F/R)
Surface: Asphalt, medium grip. Medium-long track layout with a low speed technical zone.

I tried with softer front spring, shorter front axle (wheelbase), lifting rear shocks & falling front shocks, shorter front width, 2000cst silicone in rear gear diff........
nothing was succesfully.

B.R
Mario.

P.D: Congratulations for your very useful wiki
.

Last edited by OVA; 06-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #648
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,094
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I've never seen the Nosram VTEC 30R (controlled tire). What is it similar to? Does it have a low pro or high side wall? What is the rubber like? Spec jacos/solaris? Sorex?
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #649
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I've never seen the Nosram VTEC 30R (controlled tire). What is it similar to? Does it have a low pro or high side wall? What is the rubber like? Spec jacos/solaris? Sorex?
this tires is different to all tires on market, high side wall, 65mm diameter.
good for low temperature.
used at 2010 Words' and 2011 Euro's
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #650
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,094
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
this tires is different to all tires on market, high side wall, 65mm diameter.
good for low temperature.
used at 2010 Words' and 2011 Euro's
Maybe the posted reedy race setup using high profile team power tires might so the trick then...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #651
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: sw ohio
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

after building my new ex, i noticed a slight pull to the right on heavy acceleration.now after 3 race days it is almost a full right turn on accel. My setup i am using is Mike Hanulecs low traction asphalt set up. I have checked all the cvd's, all the bearings have been removed ,checked ,cleaned and lubed.Cleaned the rear diff and installed fresh 2000 wt oil....what am i missing ?
__________________
The Hobby Shop,The Ohio RC Factory
T.O.P. Photon CRC XTI, XRAY T4 15 xray xb4 xb8e losi sct 2.0

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #652
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Maybe the posted reedy race setup using high profile team power tires might so the trick then...
Team powers tires is Very similiar to Ride, but maybe it works, how to start setup!
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #653
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer View Post
after building my new ex, i noticed a slight pull to the right on heavy acceleration.now after 3 race days it is almost a full right turn on accel. My setup i am using is Mike Hanulecs low traction asphalt set up. I have checked all the cvd's, all the bearings have been removed ,checked ,cleaned and lubed.Cleaned the rear diff and installed fresh 2000 wt oil....what am i missing ?
Front spool broke...see this!
or check belt, center pulley
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #654
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: sw ohio
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
Front spool broke...see this!
or check belt, center pulley
Thanks Luppi ! Will check as soon as possible.
__________________
The Hobby Shop,The Ohio RC Factory
T.O.P. Photon CRC XTI, XRAY T4 15 xray xb4 xb8e losi sct 2.0

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #655
Tech Initiate
 
mario_vk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I've never seen the Nosram VTEC 30R (controlled tire). What is it similar to? Does it have a low pro or high side wall? What is the rubber like? Spec jacos/solaris? Sorex?
Oh, sorry, I did a mistake , the tires are Nosram VTEC 30X (X, not R).
These are: http://www.nosram.com/en/products/vt...-4pcs/details/

In Spain we've using this tires for 2 years on Nationals & Regionals Championships.

B.R.
Mario
mario_vk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #656
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Those California boys have figured this out -- they just need to post up how they did it. I have a fist full of flanged bearings from them, but I haven't attempted to fix it yet.
I'm very keen to know what they did.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #657
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: sw ohio
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
Front spool broke...see this!
or check belt, center pulley
Well...i took out the front spool and removed the outdrives and carefully inspected the flange on both sides of the spool and saw no evidence that the spool is not working correctly.Also replaced the center pulley alloy instead of plastic...
think i will replace all the bearings tonite and see what happens...
__________________
The Hobby Shop,The Ohio RC Factory
T.O.P. Photon CRC XTI, XRAY T4 15 xray xb4 xb8e losi sct 2.0

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #658
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer View Post
Well...i took out the front spool and removed the outdrives and carefully inspected the flange on both sides of the spool and saw no evidence that the spool is not working correctly.Also replaced the center pulley alloy instead of plastic...
think i will replace all the bearings tonite and see what happens...
let us know if everything is ok
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #659
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Just installed the aluminum rear hubs and notice a considerable increase in slop both at the a arm and at the axle (bearings). Normal? Go back to plastic? Thanks
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #660
Tech Initiate
 
mario_vk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 20
Default

Hi!.

I'm trying to mount 46mm steel drive shafts in the rear end. Anybody knows what is the min. arm spacers needed for fit them?

I tried with RF=2.4mm and RR=4mm (makes 2 toe-in) and fits ok, but it seems a bit wider rear end.

Mario.
mario_vk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
T.O.P. Photon Mr Merc 916 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-18-2010 09:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0