Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
muchmore power supply.. any help? >

muchmore power supply.. any help?

muchmore power supply.. any help?

Old 12-22-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default PS

Originally posted by Team-RTR
hey guys.. i opened up the power supply and there is only one pin labelled 220V which it was already plugged into. it seems that the PS is auto sensing between 220V and 110V... is this true...?
If you have the newer printed circuit board you will see the 110v pin a bit further up the circuit board to the 240v pin. You can check if you have the newer pcb if you have 3 screws showing on the bottom of the power master 20a case.

Let me know if you have any problems and if I can help further.

thank you,

Keith.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

yes apparently mine seems to be the PCB version.. what advantages does this power supply have over the older version??
Old 12-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default PSU

Originally posted by Team-RTR
yes apparently mine seems to be the PCB version.. what advantages does this power supply have over the older version??
Hi Team-RTR,

We have had no problems with either circuit board in the power masters. The newer printed circuit board will also provide excellent stability - its just some of the components are laid out differently and better access to the internal fuse....

Thank you,

Keith.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: PSU

i've just purchased one of these power supplies and i am wondering what affect running this unit at 220v will have if australia uses 240 volts?

thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

I too am in the market for a 20+amp power supply, and I was informed the "MuchMore" racing had a "kewl" power supply coming out.....

I have not heard what the US pricing will be, but I did come accross this one for what seems to be a GREAT price......

can you all give me feedback on it?????

http://store.yahoo.com/americanaudio...html:confused:
Old 03-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I spoke to Much More North America last week, and the power supply should be coming in end of the month. This is a slightly updated newer version of their popular power supply

Steve Wang
Old 03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I spoke to Much More North America last week, and the power supply should be coming in end of the month. This is a slightly updated newer version of their popular power supply

Steve Wang
STEVE,

ANY IDEA WHAT THE $$$$ WILL BE????

WHAT WILL THE "AMP" BE????
Old 07-05-2005, 09:01 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Default help

Hi,

last week i bought a worlds psu, its been great, until last night when i plugged in my CTX-T and one of the internal fuses blew (the 5A glass one).
i got some replacemnts today.
I put one in but as soon as i plug it in to the mains (dont even have chance to get near the psu switch) the fuse blows again, i tryed 3 fuses, all the same, just like the one that was in there to begin with and they all blew, 1 exploded, 1 blew like normal and the last 1 blew and also tripped the main fuse box in my house.

what could this be?
does my worlds psu need a service?

thankyou

Stew
Old 07-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

in the usa if your looking for much more stuff like now look up www.nexusracing.net ask for Kumpol or Arun. they will hook you up!!

Hector.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:59 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedxl
in the usa if your looking for much more stuff like now look up www.nexusracing.net ask for Kumpol or Arun. they will hook you up!!

Hector.
thanks, i am in the UK, ive sent a quiery request form to Much*More UK, but they will not reply until tomorrows business hours.
i posted in the hope someone had the same problem and it was a silly little thing, that cud be sorted by myself.
im guessing not

Stew
Old 07-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s2
Hi,

last week i bought a worlds psu, its been great, until last night when i plugged in my CTX-T and one of the internal fuses blew (the 5A glass one).
I put one in but as soon as i plug it in to the mains (dont even have chance to get near the psu switch) the fuse blows again, i tryed 3 fuses, all the same, just like the one that was in there to begin with and they all blew, 1 exploded, 1 blew like normal and the last 1 blew and also tripped the main fuse box in my house.

what could this be?

thankyou

Stew
A friend of mine suffered the same problem. He sent his back to where he bought it from and they replaced it.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by s2
Hi,

what could this be?

thankyou

Stew
Sorry to hear that,
If it is still under warranty term(within 120days from the purchase), your local hobby shop will replace it without any charge.
Thanks,

Ryan/MuchMore
Old 12-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have the Much More Power Master Worlds Edition.

On two or three occasions at the racetrack, I experienced my power supply doing an on-off-on-off thing (like blinking).

I'd turn the power supply switch off then back on and then I can use it again. Sometimes, the on-off-on-off thing happens again after toggling the switch off then on and running my equipment.

I run 2 Ice chargers and the CTXD2 on this power supply.

What does this mean?

Am I overloading the power supply?

Or is the power supply overheating?

I never experience this when I am using my power supply at home so my guess is, it is overheating.

The fan is said to be IC controlled. Should fan speed be increasing if temps inside the case go higher?

Is there a way for me to make the fan speed slightly faster than normal?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

From what I know....HK was previously under the British and the commonwealth and they should be using 220/240V.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jobo_ph
I have the Much More Power Master Worlds Edition.

On two or three occasions at the racetrack, I experienced my power supply doing an on-off-on-off thing (like blinking).

I'd turn the power supply switch off then back on and then I can use it again. Sometimes, the on-off-on-off thing happens again after toggling the switch off then on and running my equipment.

I run 2 Ice chargers and the CTXD2 on this power supply.

What does this mean?

Am I overloading the power supply?

Or is the power supply overheating?

I never experience this when I am using my power supply at home so my guess is, it is overheating.

The fan is said to be IC controlled. Should fan speed be increasing if temps inside the case go higher?

Is there a way for me to make the fan speed slightly faster than normal?
I had a problem with my power supply cutting on and off. Turned out to be the solder joints inside the case for where the power cord plugs into. They had broken loose. Just wiggle the power cord at the base of the power supply and see if it's that. I just took mine apart and soldered them up real good. They were solderd on pretty weak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.