Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cyclone TC Spur gear assembly + layshaft help >

Cyclone TC Spur gear assembly + layshaft help

Cyclone TC Spur gear assembly + layshaft help

Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Cyclone TC Spur gear assembly + layshaft help

i have had the car for quite a while and as i remember when i put it together, the way the manual advised for the spur gear assembly and layshaft to be put together didnt fit and didnt work properly... so i changed it a little bit and it worked... i have now found that while spinning, the spur gear actually rotates side to side , which i causing problems with the gear mesh. what way have you guys found is best to assemble the spur gear and layshaft and pulleys?

and has anyone tried to switch the belts around so the longer belt sits closest to the battery side of the car ?i tried it once but it seemed extremely tight and wouldent turn properly
Old 12-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

U can flip the belts on a Cyclone TC easily.. might need to shave some humps in the FR and RF blocks.. so the belt doesn't touch.. also I had a exotek chassis.. I think the battery would have touched the belt in the standard battery location on the standard chassis though.

This will not solve ur spur wobble... just make sure u shim the layshaft so its centered.. with no excess side to side play..or lossen the screws on the pulleys and move the pulleys outward to avoid play on the centre shaft.. hope that makes sense.