Old 12-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Awesome- just what we needed.

TTT for Keepin it Real (literally)!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up New-look 12th Scale Bodies

As tempting as it is to jump right on an MG or R8 12th scale body right now, I have a stronger sense to kinda "tread lightly" in this area. (at least for now)
This unique "molded in separate wing" is the kind of idea that sets a company (CEFX) apart and hopefully makes it more profitable. CEFX is still a fairly young company and something like this helps its identity in a really good way.
A - After all Josh has been through in the last year - starting a company from scratch, developing a new chassis, learning the whole mold-making art, facing on-going legal litigation (bs), starting a hobbyshop/racetrack, getting married and now facing the ominous prospect of being a dad. I'd say that this guy deserves all the "breaks" he can get.
B - If I was to instantly start working on a body with the same concept I would inevitably invite a lot of verbal bashing. Amazingly, there were people mad at me when I released the Speed 12 because they were convinced it was a direct copy of Josh's CLMP900. (daydream believers) I don't want to be percieved as an opportunist.
C - Eventually, if this style body works well, and gains acceptability with racers at the pro & novice level, we'll definitely look at producing a PROTOform version - hopefully with a little bit of our own "twist" or uniqueness. In some ways, I wish it could be tomorrow because I absolutely love the cars that race at Le Mans.
D - Copying (of ideas and inovations) goes on everyday, in every form of racing from F1 all the way down to Showroom Stock. Ever notice why F1, ChampCar & IRL cars always have "wing covers" on them when in the pits. Its to stop "prying eyes" and at least slow down the inevitable copying of the wing profiles.

I see Josh as one of the true "good guys" of the RC world and a "class act" in his conduct. I have never sponsored him, and when it came to bodies, he knew he could call me and I would give him anything he ever needed. However, he didn't want to feel obligated to any one company, or constrained by the feeling that he "had" to promote some companies particular brand. He seems to understand that it should be "all or nothing" when it comes to free product. Terry Rott and Joel Johnson also have/had a similarly proffesional attitude as well.

I wish him much success with this venture and future ones

Dale Epp - PROTOform
Old 12-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

I mounted the body to my L4 today and I didn't have any problems with fitment. This thing looks great! Just have to take it to my painter for a splash of color. Happy Holidays Everyone!

Tim
Old 12-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dale, much respect from me. I just read your post and I can tell these are the words of a man that is confident in his business, has strong business ethics, and knows that "good" competition will only help to benefit the industry and the customers of the industry. I am glad to have company reps here to see examples of how these companies truly operate.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

so are these going in the cefx c12 kits now

kazy
Old 12-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Well said Dale .......

Gotta have one !
Old 12-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yo Josh- Don`t be dissing slot cars like that!

That is a nice departure from the current bodies.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default new body

Hey Josh nice work on the body hope this will start a new trend of more realistic and functional bodies for 1/12 scale
Old 12-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Hear that everyone - Barry did sand the front of the mold a little, so please send your complaints to him if it's off a bit...lmao...

To the slot car guys out there - I'm not dissin' slot cars, I just don't think they should be scaled up and run on a 1/12 car....

litespeed-dom - Just wait and see....

Dale - Thanks for the kind words. You don't know how hard it is for me be happy with anything I've made still because it still lacks the perfection that you are able to do with all the molds you have created. I have a stack of them at home that I just hate and refuse to finish to prove it...lol... Hopefully, this concept works and I look forward to the days when Protoform and Parma jump in and the look of 1/12 is changed as a whole group effort to bring it back to the level it should be.

Tim - Awesome!!

lazyboy - Maybe...

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 12-22-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
lazyboy - Maybe...

it be sweet if it happens ..one more reason to go along with all the other reasons for me getting my c12 after the novak race

lazy
Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

LMFAO @ Josh....

I'll make sure to pass it along to Dan next time I talk to him....

It's too bad things were so hectic at Cleveland...he wanted to be able to have a sensible discussion with you about things....

Kropy looked like he wanted to scrap though

It's good to see that even with the hectic race schedule that you're still able to keep the creative juices flowing and keep working on new things and development (in additon to keepignthe current projects rolling)...

I'll make sure to let the locals know to steer any complaints about the front end to Barry
Old 12-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Slot cars... Ahhh the good old days...

Hmmm.... wonder if those massive side-dam "wings" I've seen on modern slot cars would work in 1/12... UGLY, but can you imagine the downforce? You could run the car on the ceiling!

(sarcasm mode off) -- I really appreciate the effort for more realistic bodies for 12th scale -- at the rate thngs were headed, this is where we would have ended up:
http://www.slick7.com/images/reno%20...ourse%20lo.jpg
Super functional, but no resemblance to "real" race cars.

Last edited by tfrahm; 12-23-2004 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Windsorguy - No problem!!!

tfrahm - That pic is exactly what I don't want to see on a 1/12...lol... Now you know my reasoning why I had to make this...lol...
Old 12-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Love the idea and styling Josh. We could probably open up the styling and function a bit if we went back to the old school wing mounts on the rear pod (is it still legal?). Then you could design the wing independent of the body and you should be able to get better wing surface area and downforce out of it too. Whaddaya think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.