R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TCS Tarmac Rally racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/5801-tcs-tarmac-rally-racing.html)

coolrcdad 06-13-2002 06:32 PM

TCS Tarmac Rally racing

Has anyone raced this class at their regional TCS? I'd like to know how the tracks have been set up and which of the three allowable tire sets works best. Thanks.

Corse-R 06-21-2002 07:43 AM

Re: TCS Tarmac Rally racing

Originally posted by coolrcdad
Has anyone raced this class at their regional TCS? I'd like to know how the tracks have been set up and which of the three allowable tire sets works best. Thanks.
On the last TCS raced at Spain (two weeks ago) rally class got almost the same track as other classes raced, the main difference were about 20m more of track with two ramps made of wood and some bumps made with plastic dishes.

Unique tyre allowed were rally block, racers noted that the newer were the tyre more spectacular were their turns (but not so chrono friendly), when the first block disappeared the tyre worked best.

ausracer 06-21-2002 08:18 AM

were there any rules to stop someone puposely wearing the rally blocks to almost a slick?

Corse-R 06-22-2002 11:01 PM

Originally posted by ausracer
were there any rules to stop someone puposely wearing the rally blocks to almost a slick?
Yep! There was a minimum circumference measure. The worst was that the measure is taken after the mains and if anyone of the four wheels were under the minimum diameter, you lose your best main.

This was done because on the last race, a new 'brand' of tyre was seen on the track, was called 'Slick rally block' and for seeing any kind of tyre with minimum block you need to do a hard imagination work. :sneaky:

coolrcdad 06-24-2002 06:30 AM

Corse-R -- How was the track set up?

Bitoy 06-24-2002 06:38 AM

coolrcdad;

Here in Manila, we have just finished the elimination rounds for the Tamiya Asia Cup series and by next month the Nationals, we ran in different classes, the GT Class, Stock Class, the Stock Touring Class and the Rally Class.

Tyres for Rally Class were the Tamiya Rally Block only and they're great, with good tractions considering that we ran in a technicalprep asphalt with a couple of jumps and lot of bumps.

I ran my TL01 in Rally Config but sorry for me coz i missed half of the series. Hopefully by next round, if there will be any, i'll keep it in my calendar.

BTW, national winners will be sent to TAC sponsored by the LHS.

:cool:

Bitoy 06-24-2002 06:47 AM

This is how the scruteeners (do i spell it right?) here measure the Rally Tyre Blocks.

They simply use an aluminum softdrink can.:D

Insert the tyre inside the can, if they doesn't fit they're good but if there's some space in between or snuggish, forget about it, they won't give you any chance to use it.:cry:

:cool:

Hope this helps

Besercoe 07-06-2002 06:38 AM

Any more tips on setting up rally cars for tcs racing on brushed concrete?

Corse-R 07-07-2002 03:07 AM

Originally posted by coolrcdad
Corse-R -- How was the track set up?
I'll try to post some photos of the track who held the spanish series... beware, the main straight is >180Ft long, stock tourings were simply too slow to this track and the rally and SuperTouring fly at mere 4 or 5 milimeters over the asphalt.

Is the same track who in August helds the International Reedy Race this year. I'm booked for two clases (Electric Touring and Touring Gas with two Associated cars). Wish me luck, the end of the straight is famous for disintegrating cars who were out of radio. :flaming: