Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hidden Body Mounts? TT-01

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hidden Body Mounts? TT-01

I've been trying to find parts or a DIY on this but I haven't had any luck. Found some cars for sale that had them but no pictures or explanation.

Thanks, Patrick
Old 12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

COuple that I've seen are (1) cutting the body posts flush to the body, then using a small button head screw through the body into the end of the body post. You still see the screw head, but that's all. (2) Shoo goo some magnets to the inside of the body and also to the body posts, which will need to be trimmed down to flush with the body less thickness of the two magnets.

Neither would be great for racing, but for show - Great.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's a link to the stealth body mounts.

http://www.abchobbyusa.com/stealthmount.aspx
Old 12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
(1) cutting the body posts flush to the body, then using a small button head screw through the body into the end of the body post. You still see the screw head, but that's all..........Neither would be great for racing, but for show - Great.
This is the prefered method for body mounting in oval, where speed is either full throttle or off, so consequently ANY contact with the barriers or other cars is at full throttle, and it holds up amazing better than posts/body clips.

The true stealth style mounts as linked to above are only suitable for a shelf queen or a very good drift driver.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Sounds good, I just bought a new body that I'm working on painting and didn't drill any holes yet. I might try the magnets before i make any permanent holes.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

The oval car I raced years ago I had gone to a local hardware store and found threaded inserts that were big enough to fit over the body posts and were threaded for a 4-40 screw...much more accurate and easier to do than drilling a hole in the top of a body post. Trick is finding the right sized inserts.