Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS wont go into calibration mode need help!  Race in 3 hrs LOL! >

Tekin RS wont go into calibration mode need help! Race in 3 hrs LOL!

Tekin RS wont go into calibration mode need help! Race in 3 hrs LOL!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tekin RS wont go into calibration mode need help! Race in 3 hrs LOL!

Brand new RS. Spectrum rx . When I power up I get a few flashes of all the led on esc...then nothing. I have tried 6.5 v direct (On 1s boosted normally). Steering works fine. Tries 2 rx's. Tried reversing t channel.

When I hold down the mode button to calibrate....its unresponsive!

What am I doing wrong here!

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

You try their tech support line? (208) 634-5559
Old 12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You need a booster or a receiver pack the esc does not have enough voltage to power up. If you have a booster or receiver pack it is wired wrong.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wall Banger
You need a booster or a receiver pack the esc does not have enough voltage to power up. If you have a booster or receiver pack it is wired wrong.
I have a novak booster. however I think I eliminated this possibilty by powering up the esc with a 6.5v batt, and leaving the booster off.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What kind of radio are you using? I had something like this happen to me. Turns out my radio couldn't find nuetral/center, making the esc not able to read nuetral and wouldn't calibrate. You can try 2 things. If you have another car/truck, try re-calibrating that esc to the radio and see if it gives the same problem. If you don't have another car/truck/esc, then while calibrating your Tekin and it gets to the part that it's not responding start to give it small incriments of throttle, with a couple of seconds inbetween each incriment. Try it in reverse as well as forward. This is what happened with me and had to ditch the Futaba 3PKS for a 4PL.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try reversing the throttle direction on the transmitter .. then calibrate. Hade a similar issue with the Tekin and KO Radio.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glinx111
What kind of radio are you using? I had something like this happen to me. Turns out my radio couldn't find nuetral/center, making the esc not able to read nuetral and wouldn't calibrate. You can try 2 things. If you have another car/truck, try re-calibrating that esc to the radio and see if it gives the same problem. If you don't have another car/truck/esc, then while calibrating your Tekin and it gets to the part that it's not responding start to give it small incriments of throttle, with a couple of seconds inbetween each incriment. Try it in reverse as well as forward. This is what happened with me and had to ditch the Futaba 3PKS for a 4PL.
Interesting I will try this right now!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Try reversing the throttle direction on the transmitter .. then calibrate. Hade a similar issue with the Tekin and KO Radio.
Thankyou....no luck.

I look forward to racing at the corrc track soon if I can ever get this esc to boot
Old 12-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

caraaap, no luck but thankyou for the help!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

have you bound the new reciever to the radio already?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At this point I would:

Reinstall the 212 software.
Reset my radio settings to default.
Re-bind the Rx
Plug in a 2s lipo
Try to calibrate again.

If I remember correctly, once you hit the mode button for 3 seconds it should beep .. find nuetral by itself .. beep .. you hit full throttle .. beep .. you hit full brake.

Is it doing any of that (beeping)?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

That would be a good excuse to tell the wife why you need a new radio... But in reality you could adjust the neutral width.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, first off thanks for all the help. I ran down to the track and asked a few guys with more experience to look it over. It all checked out, but the racer helping me decided to try reloading my firmware. BOOM!!!! power!!! Sweet!!! I see this was also Byte stream's thought, well that was it!!!!

So again thanks for the help!!!!