Wiki Posts
Search

TKR TKX-10

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Thought I heard something about the car also being equiped with a setup called Absolute Steering Stabilization? I imagine this along with the T.I.T.S set up must make for an incredible ride. Can't wait to experience it.
Yes, you have heard right!! It is a ride like no other.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Thanks for the race report CarbonJoe!!
Results are here:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpo...58&postcount=1

Bjorn Gaye was in the 17.5 TC A Main.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I saw Bjorn pilot his rocket in the 17.5 A-Main in Indy, it was impressive.

I'm excited to hear about the release of the TKX-12. I've been shopping for new 1/12 ride and this one sounds like it's right up my alley. I heard a rumor that it may come in a special edition with a trick color of carbon fiber. If the TKX-12 is half the car of the TKX-10 it will be well worth the extra coin for it.

Does anyone know who might be testing the 12? I heard it might be Mike Ockurtz. Can anyone confirm this? If there's any more intel on it, it would be greatly appreciated. Early set ups would help, just to know what type of damper the car comes with and what tube lube is being used.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kingbee9
I saw Bjorn pilot his rocket in the 17.5 A-Main in Indy, it was impressive.

I'm excited to hear about the release of the TKX-12. I've been shopping for new 1/12 ride and this one sounds like it's right up my alley. I heard a rumor that it may come in a special edition with a trick color of carbon fiber. If the TKX-12 is half the car of the TKX-10 it will be well worth the extra coin for it.

Does anyone know who might be testing the 12? I heard it might be Mike Ockurtz. Can anyone confirm this? If there's any more intel on it, it would be greatly appreciated. Early set ups would help, just to know what type of damper the car comes with and what tube lube is being used.
Yeah Mike Ockurtz has been testing the 12. Typically he uses no lube but TKR engineers suggest 30k works in most applications.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

WOW, this car sounds amazing. I did hear that after a short while the T.I.T.S. sags. When are the silicone rebuild kits going to be ready?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamminjim
WOW, this car sounds amazing. I did hear that after a short while the T.I.T.S. sags. When are the silicone rebuild kits going to be ready?
It should take years but when the T.I.T.S get saggy we suggest moving to a newer model.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Regional Moderator

It should take years but when the T.I.T.S get saggy we suggest moving to a newer model.
Isn't that the expensive way to do it? What about just investing in some new T.I.T.S.? They are available as spare parts, right?

Don't they also make some aftermarket support as well? Some sort of wire that goes underneath? You can also swap to a different weight silicone oil, from what Tommy told me.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Any chance Bjorn will run the car at the birds? Really hoping to see it him show up and blast the field. Let him know he should stop by Disney if he makes it down. I think they give a discount if you wear a red shirt.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's definitely a market for rejuvenated T.I.T.S. or if Parma, or Protoform would come out with a vintage Mercury body, you could just run that on your older T.I.T.S. equipped car. A Vintage Trans Am "Cougar" would be pretty cool.

The problem I'm more concerned with is reports that the A.S.S. begins to get to loose with extended use, and makes it hard to keep the rear end locked in.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Any chance Bjorn will run the car at the birds? Really hoping to see it him show up and blast the field.
I don't think Bjorn is coming out. Last trip to the 'Birds, he ended up spraying it all over the crowd. I heard they asked him not to come back.

Last edited by CarbonJoe; 01-29-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
The problem I'm more concerned with is reports that the A.S.S. begins to get to loose with extended use, and makes it hard to keep the rear end locked in.
Yeah, I heard that as well. It really stinks when the A.S.S. gets loose, as it's a real PITA.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Yeah, I heard that as well. It really stinks when the A.S.S. gets loose, as it's a real PITA.
I heard it can get so loose it will actually allow the driveshafts to slap around, rather than gripping them snugly as originally designed.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Regional Moderator

I heard it can get so loose it will actually allow the driveshafts to slap around, rather than gripping them snugly as originally designed.
Will some Fister Ball Lube help?

http://www.fister-rc.com/proguctions.html
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Will some Fister Ball Lube help?

http://www.fister-rc.com/proguctions.html
If used from the start it would probably help prevent tearing of the A.S.S. hole.

I also need to know if Tommy was able to work his way into a fully developed Variable Active Gyroscopic Isolation Normalization Actuator. In testing it proved that it was VERY tight, but when equipped with the above referenced lubrication, it was wicked smooth.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Regional Moderator

I also need to know if Tommy was able to work his way into a fully developed Variable Active Gyroscopic Isolation Normalization Actuator. In testing it proved that it was VERY tight, but when equipped with the above referenced lubrication, it was wicked smooth.
Since he is a veteran of multiple Sydor Slams, I'd say that is a negative. Trying to avoid being seen, he entered via the back door.

Alignment is critical when using that thing. One slip and you're in deep doo doo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.