Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trytowin
A question regarding VTA. What did everyone use for "ROAR Approved 25.5" motors? I ask because there are no 25.5 motors listed on the ROAR approved brushless motor list. Did people just follow the USVTA rules and use Novak ?
Thanks
no they did not follow the USVTA rules i saw at least one D3 motor
Old 03-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

And on another odd note...

Just watched the F1 main, Kody's car (silver with little green man), clearly crossed the line first, scoring shows him first, but he gets a 2 spot..

What's up with that?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Im glad we had such a great turnout this year at Nats. I wanted to give a shout out to Stuart White. Thanks for letting me use your speedo.
Chris, I have your white body from the XXX-S that I bought from you. Next time you come to Rapid let me know and I'll have you sign it and I'll hang it on my wall.

Sean
Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker

Just watched the F1 main, Kody's car (silver with little green man), clearly crossed the line first, scoring shows him first, but he gets a 2 spot..

What's up with that?
Driving over Tony P's car to make the pass was not considered cool, so he had to give the spot back.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Driving over Tony P's car to make the pass was not considered cool, so he had to give the spot back.
Ok, figured it was that, he's still my hero..

Speaking of cool... REFLEX RACING gear for the TC6!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cabinetgod
no they did not follow the USVTA rules i saw at least one D3 motor
Would you happen to know where that person finished in the standings ?
And any others perhaps ?

Thanks again.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He did give the spot back.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There seemed to be, shall we say, some selective enforcement driving penalties.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker

What's up with that?
where did you find video?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

He gave the spot back and then a few laps later Kody drove literally over the rear tire of Tony's F1. I watched it from the driver stand after I broke my car. The pass was a little rough. Hence why they had to make that decision.

There was no conspiracies or preferences here on any kind of call. The call was fair for a rough pass. Let it be and move on. It was a great race.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default F1 Amain

Here is what I would like answered from ROAR:

We can all see in the video that Kody gets in to the back of Tony's car and flips him. He then waits for Tony to pass him. Two corners later Tony taps and goes a little wide onto the Sweeper that leads on to the straight. Kody appears to dart inside and have the inside line. There is contact at this point and Kody's car rides over Tony's front wheel. Kody ends up in the lead. I am not sure if Tony turned back in, if Kody created this contact, or if it was two cars fighting for the same spot. I do know at this point Kody had the inside and was even with Tony. I would love to see this from another angle.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM

At this point the race is not over. If this was a bad pass ROAR should have instructed Kody to give the spot back. ROAR let the race continue as if nothing happened and they completed another lap and Kody finished first. Then they decide to change the outcome. What if there was 2 or 3 laps to go? What if Tony crashes on the last lap? If you make Kody give the spot back immediately at least he has another chance, but to let the race continue as normal then take it away is wrong.

ROAR?

PS. This is nothing against Tony or anyone. I would just like to understand the error in my logic. I am extremely happy with the success F1 carpet season.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

The Logic was f'ed up. It may have been too close to call in the moment. They held a conference after wards, at which point they may have or not seen a replay and they made a decision. Tony also protested, and this is allowed. I thought that it should have been called to give back in the moment, but perhaps they were not paying much attention.

The result may not be perfect, but it is the "least bad" situation that could have been called. Kody made a rough pass, period. This was the bottom line. As to the interpretation, to each his own, but the pass was way over aggressive, period.

Wish they would have had triple A-mains. This situation would have not mattered much. I probably would have won :P J/K
Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by al dente
where did you find video?
It is in the Northwest Racers thread under Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30..
Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

The result may not be perfect, but it is the "least bad" situation that could have been called.
Fair enough. One man's hack is another's racing incident. Officiating is thankless, and racing is not for crybabies. I guess we're just sticking up for one of our own. Congrats to Tony on the win. Kody made him earn it.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Heres a link to the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpdxC...ature=youtu.be

IMO, it looks like he made an aggressive move and he did run over the guys tire. He should have let him pass on his own whether or not it was called.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.