Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I just talked with Ron Schuur.

A. We decided to add 2 minute practice sessions with 10 drivers on and 10 drivers off for a total of 30 minutes on Friday morning from 7:15 to 7:30 am. At 7:30 we will hold our driver's meeting and the first round of practice will begin at 8:00 am.

The original comment by Chris Adams was concerning our warm up race this last weekend encouraging anyone who wanted to come practice to make a 4 day weekend out of it by racing with us Thursday-Sunday; not that we would open the track for practice the Thursday before Nationals.

The misunderstanding on that topic brought up a conversation that I think resulted in a positive piece of information.

B. We typically hold club races on Thursday evenings. At 6 pm on the Thursday before the Nationals we will remove the cover over the track with the Nationals layout on it. We will hold a club race on that layout, in the same direction as the Nationals and return the cover immediately after the race. Anyone who chooses to race in the club race, set their car down on the track between rounds of the club race, look at the track, walk the racing line of the track, take the temperature of the track, think about the track (get the idea?) will not be permitted to race in the Nationals-NO EXCEPTIONS. ROAR will not refund your entry if you choose this path.

A and B above are additions that we hope will improve the groove when the first 10 cars roll out for the first practice round Friday morning since we do not have a day of practice, and the practice we do have plays an important role in qualifying.

As always feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions.

AWD
Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Last edited by wwddww34; 02-22-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty

A. We decided to add 2 minute practice sessions with 10 drivers on and 10 drivers off for a total of 30 minutes on Friday morning from 7:15 to 7:30 am. At 7:30 we will hold our driver's meeting and the first round of practice will begin at 8:00 am.

The original comment by Chris Adams was concerning our warm up race this last weekend encouraging anyone who wanted to come practice to make a 4 day weekend out of it by racing with us Thursday-Sunday; not that we would open the track for practice the Thursday before Nationals.

The misunderstanding on that topic brought up a conversation that I think resulted in a positive piece of information.

B. We typically hold club races on Thursday evenings. At 6 pm on the Thursday before the Nationals we will remove the cover over the track with the Nationals layout on it. We will hold a club race on that layout, in the same direction as the Nationals and return the cover immediately after the race. Anyone who chooses to race in the club race, set their car down on the track between rounds of the club race, look at the track, walk the racing line of the track, take the temperature of the track, think about the track (get the idea?) will not be permitted to race in the Nationals-NO EXCEPTIONS. ROAR will not refund your entry if you choose this path.

A and B above are additions that we hope will improve the groove when the first 10 cars roll out for the first practice round Friday morning since we do not have a day of practice, and the practice we do have plays an important role in qualifying.

AWD
Will it be ok to set up our pit space that Thurs. night? If I take my glasses off, I won't be able to see anything more than a foot from my face....
Old 02-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Will it be ok to set up our pit space that Thurs. night? If I take my glasses off, I won't be able to see anything more than a foot from my face....
Come down and set up your pits any time on Thursday. If you look at the track in a mirror you will be OK if that helps. That way it will be in reverse without laying the carpet fibers down in the wrong direction.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do we need to reserve a pit spot? Also, will there be tables available for the drivers coming from out of town?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Highside20
Do we need to reserve a pit spot? Also, will there be tables available for the drivers coming from out of town?

Thanks!
There is plenty of pit spots.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

AWD
Will you alternate the sessions between pan and TC so they don't have to run together?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Will you alternate the sessions between pan and TC so they don't have to run together?
That's a fantastic idea! The Snowbirds was a mess when we ran practice with both types of cars on the track.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
That's a fantastic idea! The Snowbirds was a mess when we ran practice with both types of cars on the track.
Yep, I agree. If I'm going to crash chicky in practice, I want to do it with the same type of car!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I say they put you and your mod 12th out with 17.5 TC. If you survive you win nothing but a round of applause.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Yep, I agree. If I'm going to crash chicky in practice, I want to do it with the same type of car!
Here is the official word from Andrew on how practice will be run from earlier in the thread.

Correct. It will look just like qualifying with random racers of the same motor and car type in each race.When qualifying begins it will be no different, except you will be placed according to your fastest 3 consecutive laps.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
Here is the official word from Andrew on how practice will be run from earlier in the thread.
Im pretty sure they were referring to the 30min open practice sessions each morning... not the 2 heats of controlled practice.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

So... lap times run in controlled practice will determine what qualifying race you are put in?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Three
So... lap times run in controlled practice will determine what qualifying race you are put in?
Just three consecutive. So, say you run a 12.1, 12.9, and a 12.6. Add them all up and that will put you in some qualifier. Over the 6 min run, you and everyone else should be able to get three laps in that show your abilities of driving. May not show your car setup but will put you in a spot where you are able to qualify with like drivers. I dont see this practice strat being an issue.

Last edited by Chris Adams; 02-22-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Just three consecutive. So, say you run a 12.1, 12.9, and a 12.6. Add them all up and that will put you in some qualifier. Over the 6 min run, you and everyone else should be able to get three laps in that show your abilities of driving. May not show your car setup but will put you in a spot where you are able to qualify with like drivers. I dont see this practice stat being an issue.
Sounds like a good way set up the qualifying rounds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.