Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can we use the team 220 software, thats been out since December
Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Can we use the team 220 software, thats been out since December
I just checked the list and 212 is the only software that will be supported at a ROAR race. Also since 223 was released after the 14 day window it will not be legal either in any class other then Mod. Unless of course Tekin gets Special rules...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
I just checked the list and 212 is the only software that will be supported at a ROAR race. Also since 223 was released after the 14 day window it will not be legal either in any class other then Mod. Unless of course Tekin gets Special rules...
I'm just glad that "blinky" was able to end all the ESC controversy.....

Will there be a way to check ALL the other manufacturers' software for compliance at the event? If not, this leaves a big ol' can o' worms sitting prominently on the table, just waiting for a can opener........
Old 03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Good luck to everyone at the Nats. Looks like the momentum is building for the race and entries are starting to pick up! Mikes looks like a fabulous facility and I've heard how great of a program they run. I cant make it this year but will be watching on line!

For everyone complaining about speedo stuff all your going to do is make ROAR make a decision like below. A bad thing? Maybe so but probably not in the long run. ETS races have more entries in one class than the Nats have total most years.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC

EA
Old 03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

The answer to any ESC software/cheating problem is right under our noses.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Mod?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
LOL...I was waiting on you or Wild Cherry to say that if your answer is Mod or skill based classes.

EA
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

I did something dumb (when don't I ) and bought an Orion R10 1s-2s stock speedo and programmer. I was so jazzed when it showed up until after I installed it in my TC and found out it had no blinky mode! I went to the ROAR site first to find it wasn't on the accepted list then over to the Orion site to see the zero timing comming soon ESC. so I put in my old Sphere and had a great weekend of racing! I'll sell the Orion to a dirt racer (they love them) and just keep running the Sphere while I wonder why I bought so many ramped speed controls...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
Tekin, and all of their ridiculousness.
Kids gotta hate on something
Thankfully Tekin 212 is great for blinky (as long as your racing other ROAR legal speedos)
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Dragarcher
I did something dumb (when don't I ) and bought an Orion R10 1s-2s stock speedo and programmer. I was so jazzed when it showed up until after I installed it in my TC and found out it had no blinky mode! I went to the ROAR site first to find it wasn't on the accepted list then over to the Orion site to see the zero timing comming soon ESC. so I put in my old Sphere and had a great weekend of racing! I'll sell the Orion to a dirt racer (they love them) and just keep running the Sphere while I wonder why I bought so many ramped speed controls...
You could buy a Hobby wing justock and programer for about 110 off the CRC website. Great speedo for a Great price.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
LOL...I was waiting on you or Wild Cherry to say that if your answer is Mod or skill based classes.

EA
Mod is obviously the perfect answer. I mean who doesn't want to see a brand new racer throw a 2s pack and a 4.0 in a TC?

These are already supposed to be skill based classes. Once your skill level exceeds the range of "stock", you're supposed to move up the food chain to a faster class. The problem with that is this: Stock is so much slower than Mod, that most can no longer develop the skills necessary to run MOD, by running in the stock class.

At any rate, good luck to all of those fortunate enough to be making the trek to the Nats. It should be a DAMN good show.

Someone please get footage of Nash in 12th Mod.......
Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest

Someone please get footage of Nash in 12th Mod.......
I think we got footage of him going THROUGH some of our click track at our place with a mod 12th scale! LOL

EA
Old 03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Track is almost 100% complete today. We just have to add a few touch ups to make it look even better.

Ill quote Steve Breuer. "This is the most beautiful carpet track I have ever seen."

To the guys making the trip, you are in for a treat. Mike has pulled out all the stops to make the track look as good as one could ask for. See everyone soon.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Track is almost 100% complete today. We just have to add a few touch ups to make it look even better.

Ill quote Steve Breuer. "This is the most beautiful carpet track I have ever seen."

To the guys making the trip, you are in for a treat. Mike has pulled out all the stops to make the track look as good as one could ask for. See everyone soon.
Good luck Chris at the race...Dont whip up on them guys too bad!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.