Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Newbie to onroad >

Newbie to onroad

Newbie to onroad

Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Newbie to onroad

I have only raced offroad 1/8 & 1/10 scale. But I have a TC4 that I horse around with. Questions: is the TC4 a good racing platform? What upgrades are necessary for it for racing? What's a good esc/motor combo for it for racing? What tires are usually used for racing? Thanks all!!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

TC4 is good for clubracing. Look what tyres, motors and body they race. I recommend to run in the 17.5 class with this "oldie".
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

electric onroad is the cheapest racing I have ever done, don't give it up
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Cheapest thing? As long as you are not serious about racing. I have spend lots of money on pinions, spurs, tyres, batteries etc.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Cheapest thing? As long as you are not serious about racing. I have spend lots of money on pinions, spurs, tyres, batteries etc.
I race on carpet. Twenty dollars in tires lasts months. On the offroad track at the other side of the building, twenty dollars in tires lasts 40 laps. You might have to invest $100 in pinions but I had to do that on the offroad too, overall I think I can make a good argument that my carpet cars are a lot cheaper than my dirt burners.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bfschoff31
I have only raced offroad 1/8 & 1/10 scale. But I have a TC4 that I horse around with. Questions: is the TC4 a good racing platform? What upgrades are necessary for it for racing? What's a good esc/motor combo for it for racing? What tires are usually used for racing? Thanks all!!
Best is to read the TC4 thread, plenty guys still running theirs. Cheap available parts from AE or upgrades companies.
You can invest a few dollars on Losi bones, get a combo that can be tuned to no timing AND variable timing with a 13,5t or 17.5t, but really check your club rules and follow suit, it will be cheaper in the long run, buying the wrong equipment to sell it later to get the right one is never cheaper.

I still run my TC3 for fun and it is still going very well,
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bfschoff31
depends on the class...good for VTA, USGT and some 17.5 TC....