R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default ESC problems

Hi I am new here.
I have an RC labs 7-6.0PRO and am currently running it on nimhs on an ezrun s10 RTR and a 5700 hpi warp flux (the black motor) All was fine but as I wanted to get an ESC for the tamiya TA03F car I also have I thought I would swap this one one and buy a nice new esc to run my yet to be used lipo battery. Having fitted it and calibrated it I am currently at a loss as to why it free revs fine on the deck, it spurts forward as I would expect, but then the esc cuts out flashing the green leds before allowing my to use the throttle again. the batteries i'm using are an Orion rocket pack 5000 and a pair of plasma 3000s and it happens with each in turn even with the voltage cut off disabled using the program card.
Can anyone help me with this?
TeaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

I'm sorry I neglected to state the spec of the new ESC. It's a Hobbywing SC8 120A (SL565) and its this that stops on full throttle and a green LED flashed twice and sometimes lets me go again if I ease off. I turned the voltage cut off off to see if it was this causing it and have recallibrated the esc a nuber of times. I can't seem to find anything that this could be. Does anyone have any ideas? I haven't bought a fake esc (if there are such things) have I?
TeaC is offline   Reply With Quote