R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2002, 02:46 AM   #31
Tech Addict

My guess is that Sanyo will bring a new cell out soon. Every time Panisonic comes out with a new cell, Sanyo responds with a cell which is much more reliable and better. This has been the case for ages.
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:18 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic
Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper

Originally posted by TPhalen
FYI: EVERYONE gets their cells from Trinity. They are the sole importer to the US. As someone said earlier, it's all in the way they are matched (and cycled) that makes them individual.
This was from 2000 of course things could have changed.
From interview with Joe Murphy, the Sales Rep for batteries in North America for Sanyo USA

HH> Many are upset that Trinity has an exclusive on RC cells sold in the U.S. They feel that this exclusive agreement keeps the price of RC cells higher then they should be. How does Sanyo feel about this?
JM> Sanyo does not have exclusive deals for RC cells. Any company that could order in quantities high enough to make its per-piece price competitive could order directly from Sanyo. Of course someone ordering 12 pieces is going to pay a lot more then someone ordering a million pieces so it all comes down to who can order enough to keep the per-piece price low. There is more involved then just ordering cells that would need to be discussed with them, but it is not in Sanyo’s best interest to have exclusive distribution deals.
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 12:06 PM   #33
Tech Master
Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Originally posted by TRF414M
Most of the companies basically use the same matcher, Turbomacher 4. The only real difference is the way that they Zap the batteries. If you buy the cell brand new from LHS, and you take it home and use a matcher to test the result. You will be disappointed because you can never get the same number.

The only brand that I will not buy is the GM. I usually get the Orion and Trinity. I prefer Trinity because they are more reputable. This is just my preference.
LOL, when Trinity first released VIS cells they were refered to as "GM-VIS". wonder who's Voltage increasing system they were using!!!

Orion/Peak use the Lavco system.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote