R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Erm... hard one to say.

The game is Nitro cars only and I race electric so it is quite different. However if you setup your car to handle like your own actual race car then it can be good practice.

I can't say I've played it enough yet to say if its made a difference or not yet.

Andy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:49 AM   #17
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to DT-Skyline Send a message via Yahoo to DT-Skyline Send a message via Skype™ to DT-Skyline

LOL . I feel how u r cuz i play GT3 too and waiting for GT4 to come out.. well anyways, u can sort of say that corning for the RC cars and line in the corners are basically the same. Just don't hit anything...even yourself Just drive clean, keep your eyes on your car, steer swiftly and lightly, and try to find that ideal line for the corners. Here's a tip, if u don't know it yet, going into the corner, go outside then in, then coming out of the corner from the inside, go back out and do the whole thing all over agen...NOT ON THE STRAIGHT
DT-Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Doesn't the fastest driving line depend on the chassis setup, gearing, the top speed attainable before corner entry, the acceleration at corner exit of the car, and the driver?

To me, the fastest line is not always from the outmost bank to the apex. It could be from the middle of the track to the apex. If the car does not have top end before corner entry, why travel the extra distance from the outer bank to the apex while the car can make the turn from the middle to the apex (shorter distance)?

Does offroad driving line somewhat different than onroad driving line? I was taught that drifting reduces speed. However, I notice some fast offroad drivers drift into corners. Doesn't drifting reduce corner speed?
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

I race off-road exclusivels....off-road tracks now-a-days have soo much traction as it is, that there's no reason to have to swing the rear end...or for the rear end to be loose. But in tight hairpins, it's still pretty common to have a small slip-angle to get the rear end to rotate better....in off-road, the slide should be very controllable, and you should be able to pull your self out of it at any moment.

It depends, on a track with a lot of very quick, close together switchbacks or a snake section, sliding may be beneficial, but as a general rule of thumb, 100 percent traction 100% of the time is key.
Chris Woods

TQ Racing Wire
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote