Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
starting out in 4wd sedan >

starting out in 4wd sedan

starting out in 4wd sedan

Old 12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default starting out in 4wd sedan

im moving from off road to onroad but i need a new car? im looking at either hpi pro 4 and a schumacher mission 2 someone help me, please
Old 12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

go pro4, I have two of them they rock!

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 12-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

You may want to think about one of the new cars that just came/are coming out. JRXS, TC4, RDX. Just a suggestion...
Old 12-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

But the mission and the pro4 are obviously both great cars too
Old 12-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

go with what is supported at the local track...
I had a TC3 but at the tack the "helpful guys" are team drivers from other manufactures...so running what they have will make it easier to learn..therefore the TC3 will now be my back up as I just got a mi2...and it went together sweet, looks great, and am looking forward to it running good on saturday
Go with what is supported, run, and recommended by the guys at the track
Old 12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

I hav a Pro 4 and so far, it hasn't let up on me at all.... very smooth and fast. Makes my Monster stock run lik a 19T Get Pro 4... PRO 4 PRO 4!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will only say what I have seen of both cars.
The Pro 4 Proven to be one of th ebest shaft driven cars available and even when it takes a good hit, it can keep going. It has pretty good parts support but isn;t the best (at least where I am).
Now for the MI2,
I can not recommend this car. One of my close racing buddies just got one last month and is ready to quit RC. He got the kit, it went together great and has one of the best fit and finish I have seen. My friend upgraded just about all the important parts and even got Tamiya's upgraded shocks as he said the Schu's are a pain and Tamiya's are better (I agree about that). He hasn't been able to run a single race day completely. Yesterday was another example. He put his car on the track for practice and another guy hit him (not very hard) in the rear end of his car and the Rear Diff was toast. Now I am sorry if other Schu-guys get upset, but from a kit that cost so much it should be duarable as well as race worthy. I can say two things Schumacher makes great race cars, but this one I would skip. And If you are looking at a belt driven I would look no further than the TRF415 (the costs has come down and it requires no hop-ups) it holds the worlds title and I have seen many of them run and they can take a good solid hit (Brother-in-law races one and he has put his through all the paces of test cash DUMMY) It is a real world class car. Sorry to rant and rave for so long but I really think you would be better served by the Pro 4 before the MI2. Or do what I did went Team YOKOMO. (Still one of the best ever).
Hope this Helps
Stephen <><
Please no flames guys It is what I have seen from my own two eyes.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree with Mr. Shookie..

i'm running HPI pro4 and rs/cgm/silver yokomo SD right now.
i would say pro4 is a better car out of most shaft driven.
(TC3 is your bet becuase a lot of people runs them)

just letting you know. you are the one whose buying the kit.
Not Us. our recommandation might actally leading you to buy
the kit that you will hate for it~

if i were you. i would go with pro4/yokomo sd
on a coin toast(and i would buy the yokomo again!)

Ming
Old 12-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I will agree with Mr. Shookie, I have run Schumachers for a couple years and i upgraded to the MI2 and lets just say it was a horrible experience (and now im stuck with this name), oh the irony). If you want to run the MI2 on carpet be prepared to spend alot more money on updayes, you will deffinatly need an upgraded thick chasis as the stock one has way to much flex and it will not work on carpet. I tried to get the MI2 to work for about a month before I gave up and bought an Xray T1FK. The Xray is awesome and im glad i bought it. Now as far as the Pro 4 goes i know a bunch of guys that own one and it seems to be a great car and you would not be disapointed. My only advise i would give and someone already stated it, Buy what you can get parts for easily and what guys at your track run, makes the learning curve work for you instead of against you.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: starting out in 4wd sedan

Originally posted by bumpinneon21
im moving from off road to onroad but i need a new car? im looking at either hpi pro 4 and a schumacher mission 2 someone help me, please
Why do you need a new car? I helped with your TC3 on Sat at the series race and its a nice car... save your money until your putting that car into the A.... look, the two fastest cars in stock rubber (your class) on Sat were TC3's... also the TQ. If your not fast enough dont blame the car

I run a MI2 and I dont agree with the above posts but everyone has their own opinions. A MI2 currently leads the Midwest Touring Car Series in stock foam... and yes it has a thicker chassis than stock but so did the Pro4's and the Xray that were in the A mains. Most double deck cars need a thicker chassis for high traction foam racing.

Last edited by ottoman; 12-13-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The only tc4...... me lol in the series haha
Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I guess my point is any of the top touring cars out there can win... too many people switch cars looking for the "magic" car that will get them into or win the A main. When what they really need to do is work on their setups and driving. Stick with one car and learn the car and practice, practice, practice
Old 12-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: starting out in 4wd sedan

Originally posted by bumpinneon21
I think it's great that everyone has there opinion's ... personal or other wise .. You should get a car which ever it may be to your liking .. make sure the parts support is there and you do have a few friends whom might run the same car for support (set up and what ever Questions you might have ) . Everyone has diffrent driving styles so get what you think will benifit you even if you have to be diffrent ..... Its a shame we all have choices to make ... just my 2 cents ...hope you find what your looking for ..
Old 12-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I suppose its not really the car im blaming,( my drivingsa down there too, but i got the tc3 used from a buddy,for $75 just to see if i want to get back into sedans, and after the fun i had at just one race im pumped about starting over, on the plus side i tricked my gf into buying it as a christmas gift so i figure what the hell if im starting over im gonna actually start over, i know the TC3's are still good but i dunno, i just feel like having something NEW not some one elses rides, leaniong towards the hpi but I know ottoman will disown me when i show up at the ONE and ONLY trackside on sunday with it. but who knows it could be a schumacher yet too, cuz i know he's a great gut and would help me out greatly with it, because hes like an R/C car god ( or Damn close to it)