Wiki Posts
Search

New to this Forum and Pan Cars 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to this Forum and Pan Cars 1/12th

Hello guys,

Really new to electrics ... my first car (a used I bought) is on the post coming to me.

It is a Kawada MX300RSX 20th Anniversary model.

It looks the business... but I don't know what body shell I can put on etc ... as it comes without one.

At the moment my currect car is a nitro HPI Bullet MT 3.0 so ... never had to worry so much of spare parts etc as there are plenty around.

But for Kawada ... seems to be hard to find even the website is only in Japan ... no pure English version.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greekbullet
Hello guys,

Really new to electrics ... my first car (a used I bought) is on the post coming to me.

It is a Kawada MX300RSX 20th Anniversary model.

It looks the business... but I don't know what body shell I can put on etc ... as it comes without one.

At the moment my currect car is a nitro HPI Bullet MT 3.0 so ... never had to worry so much of spare parts etc as there are plenty around.

But for Kawada ... seems to be hard to find even the website is only in Japan ... no pure English version.
Put it on Ebay and get something else that you can get parts for. Its old tech anyway so you will be looking for parts that are hard to get from Kawada here in Japan anyway.
Also the rear wheels are different,that is the big killer right there,You cant use any other wheels from any other manufacture on the car as it is,You would have to spend another $50.00 or so the change the rear axle set up.
Kawada`s good cars but only if you live in Japan.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Greek

There is a thread HERE that has a lot of information about 12th scale.

The old cars are ok for play, but if you want to race, like Baka says, find a modern race car.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys ... need to see what the rules are here in UK and how "eligible" I will be with the setup the car has...

I think I will use it as my test car and learn on it ... and if needed then I will buy a more suitable. Let's say a treat upgrade

My car gets delivered on Friday ... so will know more details about it then.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

I presume as you have chosen a 1/12th scale as you want to race, and that you have found a club close to you that actually races them as not many clubs run 1/12th.

If you are planning on racing you are better getting something more suitable than the Kawada. The biggest problem is the wheels, which means having to mount and true your own tyres as standard wheels don't fit. Another problem is the UK now races with a single cell 3.7v lipo battery, which will only fit in the Kawada if you tape it in down one side and try and balance the weight using the radio gear on the other side. It does work that way, butnot as well as a car designed for lipo.

For bodyshells for any 1/12th, if you are planning on racing then the Protoform AMR-12 is used by almost all UK racers. You will also need a 10.5 turn brushless system, the 10.5t motor is used more or less everywhere. You can find the rules we race to in the UK here
http://www.brca.org/?q=sections/subs...ale-rules/1143