Wiki Posts
Search

Is Boosted Racing Fading ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Is Boosted Racing Fading ? ?

I am seeing a trend locally and at bigger events that Boosted racing may be on a decline.

Is this an anomally?
Is there any merit to this.
Does Blinky make racing closer and more enjoyable?

Who knows?

Dave.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm afraid I have seen the same thing. In my opinion it has become an escape goat for those that did not get it right. I enjoy seeing new technology in the sport but someone always argues that it is not fair.

Last edited by Highside20; 11-29-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: can't spell as usual
Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

My local track runs boosted ESC's with 21.5 motors in VTA and they are getting like 25 cars a week on average. It doesn't make sense to me but it seems to be bringing folks to the track. WGT is boosted 13.5 and thats the 2nd biggest class then our new F1 class is blinky mode and growing fast. We are getting almost 50 entries now on sundays. So I guess the boosted ESC has not killed racing in Toledo so far.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In florida- WGT 13.5 blinky and Legends 21.5 blinky. Snowbirds-WGT is blinky.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

The only reason that boosted may be failing is because of racers that want to put their car on the track on race day and win. they don't want to take the time ito learn anything new or spend time tuning. These are the same people that after race day put their stuff on the shelf and don't touch it UNTIL raceday. These are the same people that scream that the fast guys are cheating. I have as of this month quit the R/C racing scene because of the junk that going on. I have spent good money to buy good equipment and spent the time to learn all of it and now I am not allowed to use the technology that is out there.
R.O.A.R. and other companies have created this situation and that is the biggest problem with this hobby. we the racers don't get a voice Companies make the decisions not the consumers. If you don't believe that then do some research in to the boosted controversary.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Blinky, Boosted, Mod.
I don't care, they are all fun.
So long as there is a 12th scale race going on I'm in.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbboy
I am seeing a trend locally and at bigger events that Boosted racing may be on a decline.

Is this an anomally?
Is there any merit to this.
Does Blinky make racing closer and more enjoyable?

Who knows?

Dave.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...oost-dead.html

34 pages for your reading enjoyment...
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Around here boosted 17.5 TC often has the most entries. Some days VTA has more (21.5 blinky), but that's usually just when the fastest TC guys are off attending a big race somewhere.

I far prefer boost to blinky. I've heard 10X more accusations of cheating in blinky and seen guys spend outrageous amounts (new motors, batteries, rotors, new tires every run, etc.) trying to win. I used to race those classes for fun, but it just stopped being fun and also gave me almost no time to work on my cars, so no more blinky for me. Now I enjoy race days a lot more. I sure hope we don't follow ROAR and most of the US on this one.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Highside20
I'm afraid I have seen the same thing. In my opinion it has become an escape goat for those that did not get it right. I enjoy seeing new technology in the sport but someone always argues that it is not fare.
What he said!!

Originally Posted by hairy
The only reason that boosted may be failing is because of racers that want to put their car on the track on race day and win. they don't want to take the time ito learn anything new or spend time tuning. These are the same people that after race day put their stuff on the shelf and don't touch it UNTIL raceday. These are the same people that scream that the fast guys are cheating. I have as of this month quit the R/C racing scene because of the junk that going on. I have spent good money to buy good equipment and spent the time to learn all of it and now I am not allowed to use the technology that is out there.
R.O.A.R. and other companies have created this situation and that is the biggest problem with this hobby. we the racers don't get a voice Companies make the decisions not the consumers. If you don't believe that then do some research in to the boosted controversary.
Not very P.C. but also correct

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I like this line of thinking.

We have a very small on-road scene in this state but for the most part our local racers are running boosted.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Blinky, Boosted, Mod.
I don't care, they are all fun.
All 12th scalers move to California

Problem solved
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Highside20
I'm afraid I have seen the same thing. In my opinion it has become an escape goat for those that did not get it right..

Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

In Germany the boosted classes are nearly dead. Very few are still interested in downloading new software on their esc just to have some Teamdrivers around at a race that have a "newer" software. In blinky this stupidity is over.
I am attending the LRP-HPI-Challenge and just bought one X12 17,5t and can race with the best in this class without thinking about motortemperature or having to fear some of them has a better X12. We have all the same speed on the straights.

I could never understand why somebody wants to run boosted in stock classes. Why not just use a 10,5t instead of 17,5t boosted? With this said I think the technology is awesome, but for the coming real 1:1 E-Cars. For RC-Stock-Racing it seems pointless...
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wtcc
In Germany the boosted classes are nearly dead. Very few are still interested in downloading new software on their esc just to have some Teamdrivers around at a race that have a "newer" software. In blinky this stupidity is over.
I am attending the LRP-HPI-Challenge and just bought one X12 17,5t and can race with the best in this class without thinking about motortemperature or having to fear some of them has a better X12. We have all the same speed on the straights.

I could never understand why somebody wants to run boosted in stock classes. Why not just use a 10,5t instead of 17,5t boosted? With this said I think the technology is awesome, but for the coming real 1:1 E-Cars. For RC-Stock-Racing it seems pointless...
I was going to post but you made it easy. I agree 100%.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think the thing is that Boosted 17.5 isn't stock, its just as fast as mod on some of the smaller tracks. Blinky is becoming more popular because its getting new people to race because the speeds aren't as intimidating. It also helps drivers like myself who like to use a little too much throttle. At battlefield on-road our local 1/10th outdoor ashpault track here in Northern Georgia I was running mid 15 second laps in 17.5 boosted, now that we are running 17.5 blinky I'm acctually running low 14 second laps because it keeps me from over driving the track.

I dont think it has anything to do with lazyness in working on the car. I have to work on the car more running non boosted than I did with boosted because the car cant make up for lost speed in a corner as easily. Same as with VTA, the cars are so much slower you have to be dead on your lines and keep as much corner speed as possible because you cant make up for a mistake on the straight so its more important to work on the car and make sure it can take the corners as fast as possible.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

The only way to get true stock racing is to hand everyone the same car, the same motor, the same battery and so on.

I think the major problem is that newbie’s want to be able to win right off without any real effort. They expect to show up and be on pace right out the box with their RTR car. Where is the challenge in that? The true fun in the sport is making yourself better and improving from race to race.

It is not the end result that counts, but the journey getting there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.