Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What scares you most about racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default What scares you most about racing?

What scares me most is passing people, because they know you are faster, but they won't let you by, it scares me what they will do to stay infront. ALong with that, you dont want to take their line and have them run into you either.

So what scares you?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

the fact that i will have to cut all those coms and brushes when i am back home
Old 12-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wouldn't call it scary, but I do get nervous when it comes to passing another car...... I don't want to clip the car, causing him to wreck. I try to drive my line, and when it comes to passing in corners (where 90% of my passing is at), I try to pass without traveling too far away from my line. Now, I get even more nervous when I am in the lead........I try so hard to concentrate on maintaining my line, I screw up an pop the corners.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

having someone ghost ride into the side of my car and put me out of the race, RED
Old 12-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

The key is to drive into the corners deep and bank your car off the person's that you are trying to pass. 8 tires get more grip than 4.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Cool Re: What scares you most about racing?

Originally posted by onebeatuptc3
What scares me most is passing people, because they know you are faster, but they won't let you by, it scares me what they will do to stay infront. ALong with that, you dont want to take their line and have them run into you either.

So what scares you?
But why should they "let" you past, you're not better until you "have" past them.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: What scares you most about racing?

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
But why should they "let" you past them, you're not better until you "have past" them.
Because if you already lap them, they should allow you to pass so you can run better lap times. Not doing so is plain wrong, and it can get your car knocked out of a race or worse, yourself knocked out! Now if it is jockying for position, that its game on..........
Old 12-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: What scares you most about racing?

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Because if you already lap them, they should allow you to pass so you can run better lap times. Not doing so is plain wrong, and it can get your car knocked out of a race or worse, yourself knocked out! Now if it is jockying for position, that its game on..........

Ah but are they not allowed to jockey to unlap themselves also.

As for plain wrong can't agree with that, must be different in other countries then. Here if they are good enough to lap you then they are good enough to pass without the one being past having to give up their racing line.

In heats for sure but in finals time is unimportant and only placings really matter after all.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 12-04-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would say this is scary but take for example last weekend. I was racing offroad I had like a 7 or 13 second lead and then I crashed and crashed again and the 2nd place dude past me. I just get nervous when out in front still. lol
Karter
Old 12-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default I get nervous when....

-I'm running the TQ pace in any qualifier
-If I'm ever in the lead
-When I'm in the middle of the "freight train"

I actually calm down when I'm chasing someone because it gives me something to think about other than defending a position. I never go for a pass unless its WIDE open. I prefer to ride their tail as close as I can until they make a mistake.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up What he said.....

Originally posted by mafiaracers
-If I'm ever in the lead

I actually calm down when I'm chasing someone because it gives me something to think about other than defending a position. I never go for a pass unless its WIDE open. I prefer to ride their tail as close as I can until they make a mistake.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What scares you most about racing?

Originally posted by Mabuchi540

Ah but are they not allowed to jockey to unlap themselves also.

As for plain wrong can't agree with that, must be different in other countries then. Here if they are good enough to lap you then they are good enough to pass without the one being past having to give up their racing line.

In heats for sure but in finals time is unimportant and only placings really matter after all.
If you was lapped in a heat twice and that car is again behind you, ready to pass, it is common courtesy to allow him to pass. You know he's faster, why hold him up? There is no way you are gonna regain the lost laps unless his pack dumps or he wrecks (and if you are two or more laps behind a wreck isn't gonna help you either). All you doing is slowing down his lap times, as yours will be slow too.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I get nervous when....

Originally posted by mafiaracers
-If I'm ever in the lead

It is so cool when you about to pass a car, entering a turn (especially in a chicane a.k.a. switchback) and you drift wide on the car. When see tries to drift wide to block, you slide into the inside and over power him and take the next corner faster than you normally do.......it gives me a rush, when it is done right.......

If not, you either wind up stuck under some PVC in a corner or grazing the outside wall........

But it fells good when your opponent and others pat you on the back and say "That was a nice pass....." or "Good run!"
Old 12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

the same as mafiaracers said, i find it easier to push someone until they mess up and the scream off as hard as i can to get the most distance between me and them and then just keep that pace goin until the end. But sometimes it dont work
Old 12-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default I get scared.......

When I am driving home and trying to figure out how to tell my wife how much money it cost her to keep me occupied for the day. After 18 years of this, you would think I would have come up with something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.