Wiki Posts
Search

Ansmann ARE-2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ansmann ARE-2 kit

Hello there,

After recently converting my Missus in to an r/c fan I am considering getting her a new 1/10 touring car for xmas. I have looked around at what's available and in terms of value for money the Ansmann ARE-2 seems a pretty good deal.... plus its all I can afford at the moment!

We are both club racers and are not planning to go any further at this time. A lot of people will say that it is better to start with a used, decent spec car, and I agree entirely. However, with her being a total novice I wanted to get her a KIT car so that she can learn the basics about all the different components, tuning etc. Also from looking around the parts are dirt cheap to replace!

To that end, I wanted to ask people about their experiences with this model (especially on carpet tracks). With the lack of anti-roll bars does it suffer much from grip roll? Are the noisy diffs that much different than say an old tamiya (TL01...?) Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, as I'm not able to afford much else, I'm looking for as many good reviews as possible, but I'd also like to hear of any "challenges" this kit has given people.

Thank you for any replies posted!

Aidan
Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Never heard of the brand...might want to be careful there as it may be difficult to find parts for. I would suggest checking into what parts your local shop stocks and get a car they stock parts for. That way when it breaks you can be back on the road quickly.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ansmen have been making off-road cars that I'm firmilar with. Basicly there a sticker company to my knowledge, there off-road car was just the team C buggy, just like the TQ car. The last onroad ansmen I saw seemed to me like a TC3, but its been a while since I looked.

You might want to look at the sakura S car, cheap, and you can still just about upgrade it to be there pro car if you decide to down the road. Just remember with a cheap car though you normaly have to carry a box of spares around with you that you dont have to do if you drive something your hobby shop supports.

As far as roll bars, you can set up a car to run without them. The setup is easier to atain with roll bars, but I have my TC6 and my TC3 set up to run without roll bars, there very comfortable to drive 17.5 blinky on our local carpet and I'm a horrible driver

Edit: just went and looked at there new car. Its not a rebadged TC3 may have been somthing else I was thinking of. Could have been thundertiger since they are associated. Car doesn't seem too horrid, I dont know if it would ever really be competitive though. I still say the Sakura car would be a better direction to try. I've also been looking for price for the ansmann and the two places I found that did sell them dont have any in stock and claim they've been discontinued